The Wellness Centre
279 High Street
01756 761604 / 07407 193395
I am a hypnotherapist and psychotherapist specialising in the treatment of anxiety, fears & phobias and addictive/compulsive behaviours. With clinics in Skipton, Harrogate and Northallerton I am able to see clients from across the North Yorkshire area and beyond. I offer hypnotherapy, BWRT, counselling and other psychotherapeutic treatments. I also offer Skype sessions.
I am committed to helping people achieve the changes they want in their lives and to reach their full potential and would be pleased to hear from you if you are interested in hypnotherapy as a treatment. I am able to assist with weight-loss (including gastric band hypnotherapy), addictions, quit smoking, anxiety and much more. My specialist areas are anxiety related conditions (anxiety, stress, phobias) and men's sexual issues.
How can hypnotherapy help?
If you want to make changes to your life then hypnotherapy might be the solution for you. Perhaps you want to give up smoking or lose weight. Maybe you feel you are being held back in life by fears, anxiety, low self-esteem or lack of confidence. If you feel you have any beliefs or actions that are limiting what you deserve to get out of life, please contact me to discuss how I might be able to help you move forward.
Hypnosis is safe and natural and many of us experience something similar in everyday life. In a therapeutic environment, hypnosis can be a powerful way to transform the thoughts that lead to self-limiting beliefs. Hypnotherapy could help you to quit smoking, assist with losing weight and help to combat anxiety, stress and phobias, habits and much more.
What is BWRT and how can it help?
BWRT stands for BrainWorking Recursive Therapy, a model of psychology and psychotherapy created by UK professional therapist, Terence Watts, MCGI. It's a totally confidential method that does not require you to reveal your private information or personal secrets to your therapist and it is carried out in a completely conscious state. It does not use hypnosis or any concepts that might be considered mystical or unscientific - it's completely logical, practical and down-to-earth, and for it to succeed only needs you to know what you want to change in your life.
BWRT does not involve hypnosis - it is a unique and new concept based on proven scientific concepts. Perhaps most importantly, BWRT is a fast therapy, and, depending on the presenting issue, can often be resolved in only a few sessions. It is also a very private therapy - your therapist will only require a minimal amount of information from you and, unlike some other forms of therapy, you will not have to extensively relive unsettling past experiences.
When undertaking any form of therapy, you need to be entirely comfortable with your therapist and the processes they use. I believe every person is different and that there can be no one size fits all approach. I adopt a friendly, supportive approach in a safe environment whilst encouraging you to make those changes you want to achieve.
I aim to respond to enquiries within 24 hours. If you do not receive an expected reply, please check your junk mail folder, as I've noticed responses sometimes end up there!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma as a Smoking Cessation Specialist
- Certified Practitioner of Virtual Gastric Band Procedure
- Certified BWRT (BrainWorking Recursive Therapy) Practioner
- Registered member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
- Registered member of Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy
- Registered member of the National Counselling Society
- Registered member of the Central Register of Stop Smoking Therapists
- Member of the Institute of BrainWorking Recursive Therapists
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate (formally known as CRB check)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I also offer BWRT (BrainWorking Recursive Therapy) and counselling services
- 12/12/16 - Pre-Christmas de-stress 2
- 12/12/16 - 10 tips for a stress free Christmas
- 19/12/16 - Pre-Christmas de-stress 3
- 09/01/17 - New Year goals - focus and relaxation group
- 09/01/17 - Getting the best out of the new year
- 16/01/17 - New Year goals - focus and relaxation group
- 16/01/17 - Habits and addictions
- 18/01/17 - Virtual gastric band - group session
- 23/01/17 - New Year goals - focus and relaxation group
The following fees are indicative of prices. Please contact me to discuss your personal requirements.
Free initial consultation by telephone, email or in person
Standard session (Hypnotherapy or BWRT) (1hr): £60
Stop Smoking treatment (up to 2hrs): £150
Virtual Gastric Band treatment (6 sessions): £350
Hypnosis for Relaxation (1hr): £30
Hypnotherapy & BWRT via Skype (1hr): £60
Concession rates are available for low income clients
You can send me an email or contact me on my landline or mobile numbers listed above. Please be aware that I may be with a client and unable to answer the phone - if you leave a message, I will return your call as soon as possible.
I am available to see clients in person at clinics in Skipton, Harrogate and Northallerton with some evening and weekend appointments available by appointment, or via Skype