John Parker, Hypnotherapist, Counsellor, EFT Practitioner
Hello, I am John and I am a hypnotherapy practitioner and a counselling-therapist .We are into that festive period yet again - yet for many of you out there this , for many reasons can be an extremely stressful time .WHY NOT THINK OF CARING FOR YOURSELF BY BOOKING IN FOR A STRESSBUSTER SESSION (only £30 ) . You can contact me on 07716432802 . Yes , it's as easy as that ! BUT , READ ON . There are numerous reasons why you might be browsing this site and reading my profile right now .Something is troubling you . Something you've not been able to solve on your own .IT'S NOT EASY ACKNOWLEDGING THIS AND FEELING OK ABOUT ASKING FOR HELP . Yet you can call me right now on 07716432802 ( before the doubts begin to creep in again ), before those negative parts of you stop you from getting what you need . I am here waiting to help and assist . You just need to make that first move - 07716432802 - text if you can't call , or use the email link . Just do it now before the moment passes , begin the transformative process you so much want . Why waste any more of your valuable time being held back , restricted by that issue you've been unable to solve yourself . So why keep it to yourself ? Commit yourself to hypnotherapy now . Call me . We can work on it together . Just asking for help is a transformation . No more hesitations . No more prevaricating . I am here waiting . CALL ME . Talk to me and I will listen . It's what I am trained to do - Listen , Assess , Recommend , Treat , Transform . YOU , AS ACTIVE PARTICIPANT . IN CONTROL . Do it .Call . Now . I'm here .
Where I am based BROUGH is so easily accessible from HULL - no concerns about city centre parking (or I am only 2 minute walk from railway station) . 10 miles to the west of Hull in the East Riding of Yorkshire and is very close to the Humber Bridge giving easy access from many parts of North Lincolnshire .I have had many clients cross the bridge to see me .
Goole , Howden , Holme-on-Spalding-Moor , Pocklington , Market Weighton , Beverley and beyond are all easily in reach of BROUGH by car , and avoids the problem of inner city parking.
Many complex illnesses, physical and psychological result from or are exacerbated by long-term stress. We all know that modern complex society is extremely stressful. Some thrive in this environment, some struggle!
Yet, why struggle when a good hypnotherapist can assist you in reducing your stress levels and learning how to be more resistant to future stress. Learn to maximise your internal resources by being more mindful and developing your emotional intelligence. Why not be:
- more self-aware
- more accepting
- more focussed
- more energised
- more aware of your true needs
- more able to achieve your true needs
- more satisfied
- more joyful
- more in control of your future
HYPNOTHERAPY may assist you with any of these problems...
- Addictions - Alcohol, drugs, prescribed medications, gambling etc.
- Anxiety Issues- panic attacks, excessive worrying, feeling overwhelmed - out of control
- Stress - work, relationships, inability to relax
- Trauma - something happened to you from which you can't recover
- Grief/loss issues
...dilemmas such that you can move forward with your life.
I also do performance enhancement work - sports performance improvement/ career development/ exam work/ speech and presentation preparation/ confidence and self-esteem.
What is hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy combines the simple technique of hypnosis with psychotherapeutic techniques to produce a very powerful technique for problem-solving and for resolving or getting rid of persistent symptoms.
Although we seek rational solutions, the human condition is imperfect and dominated by emotion.
It is your emotions that motivate you to either success or failure, and if you have never been taught how to manage your emotions then your life may be fraught with issues that cause you (and possibly others you are involved with) much pain/discomfort/consternation.
Hypnotherapy, Counselling or EFT, may assist you in managing such dilemmas help you move away from pain, make sense of your life and take control of your life situation.
Hypnotherapy is a natural therapy solution.
Hypnotherapy is safe and effective.
I am a fully accredited hypnotherapist, trained to diploma level and registered with an accredited professional organisation.
I am a member of the General Hypnotherapy Register and affiliated through them with the Complementary and natural healthcare council as a complementary therapist.
I have many years experience in the NHS mental health services.
I am also a Meridian Energy Therapist, sometimes referred to as 'tapping'.
I also integrate mindfulness techniques into my hypnotherapy practice.
I am a trained registered mental health nurse (RMN).
Training, qualifications & experience
- I first trained in Hypnotherapy in 1987 with The Institute of Hypnotherapy and Parapsychology (based in Warwick and Southampton) and ran a successful practice in Hull through to 1990.
- In the late 1990s, I did further training with Stephen Brooks and his British Society of Clinical and Medical Ericksonian Hypnosis
- My current qualification is a diploma in hypnotherapy and counselling skills awarded to me in June 2012 by the Chrysalis organisation and validated by The National Hypnotherapy Society (this course is also accredited by the Royal College of Nursing Accreditation Unit)
Under new government regulations, The National Hypnotherapy Society holds an Accredited Voluntary Register (AVR) of hypnotherapists, to which I am accredited.
The AVR is the new national standard is the new national standard for both Hypnotherapy and Counselling.
Counselling training/ experience
Advanced professional diploma in psychotherapeutic counselling validated by the National Counselling Society.
Under new government regulations, The National Counselling Society holds an Accredited Voluntary Register (AVR) of Counsellors, to which I am accredited.
I am also a Member of BACP.
- Certificate in alcohol counselling (Aquarius 1993)
- Advanced certificate in the management of substance misuse
- NHS trained grief/loss counsellor COUNSELLOR
- 3 years transactional analysis (TA) psychotherapy training (no exam taken)
- Several years voluntary work as alcohol counsellor followed by 6.5 yrs full-time work as an alcohol counsellor/generic addictions counsellor
- Secondment to GP practice as grief counsellor
- Emotional freedom technique (EFT) practitioner certification
- Registered mental health nurse (RMN) training - Sept. 1990
- Experience in all aspects of mental illness - stress, anxiety states, depression, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, personality disorders, dissociative disorders, risk-management of self-harm and of suicidal ideation.
- Certificate in adult education (City & Guilds - 730-7)
- Certificate in group facilitation
- Substantial experience in facilitating groups
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I specialize in grief/loss work, addictions work, low-self esteem, anxiety related issues, trauma issues ,
PTSD, abuse/domestic violence, managing emotions.
Hypnotherapy and EFT are also ideal for self-improvement issues -
- career development
- considering self-employment
- improving sports performance
- exam issues
- public speaking
- expanding your creativity etc.......
- 1Hypnotherapy - per individual therapy 90-minute session - £60
- Additional 1-hour hypnotherapy treatments - £40
- Hypnotherapy - stop smoking in 1 Session (2 to 2.5 hours) - call for quote
- Hypnotherapy - weight management x 5 sessions - call for quote
- EFT - per individual therapy hour - £40
- EFT - long session (2 to 2.5 hrs.) - £75
- Counselling 1 to 1 - £40 per counselling hour
- Counselling - couples (relationship) - £60 per 1.5 hours.
Please do not hesitate to contact me to negotiate individual therapy packages.
I like to combine the meridian energy treatment (EFT, or 'tapping') with hypnotherapy. I believe this gains a better long-term resolution to issues.
My base in Brough is easily accessible from all parts of the East Riding of Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire (via the Humber Bridge) - Hull, Market Weighton, Little Weighton, Pocklington, Holme-on-Spalding-Moor, Newport, Howden, Goole, Beverley, Driffield, Barton, Scunthorpe etc.
Special 35 minute stress-buster sessions - Only £30
We are rapidly approaching the Christmas and New Year festive season which promises much pleasure and joy yet the reality for many is stress! stress! stress!
So why not treat yourself to a stress buster session to help you manage your way through ?
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Mon. 9.00am to 4.00pm Tues 10.00am to 7.00pm Wed 10.00am to 7.00pm Thurs 10.00am to 7.00pm Sat 10.00am to 1.00pm