Bright Butterfly Hypnotherapy & Coaching - Joanna Cook DipHyp (CECC), MCIPD
Jo Cook Dip Hyp (CECC) MCIPD Coach; CNHC registered
Hello and thank you for visiting my profile. I am a Clinical Hypnotherapist Practitioner and Coach based in Biddulph, Staffordshire.
I have worked in a Learning and development field for many years; I am passionate about enabling others to fulfil their potential. Now, as a therapist and coach I work with you to overcome your challenges and enable lasting changes.
I will work with you in your best interests in a confidential, non-judgemental, ethical, supportive manner. I will also hold your goals firmly in focus and support and challenge you to reach them.
I have helped people to overcome, emotional eating, self-sabotage, anxiety, boredom, apathy, panic attacks, failure at tests, bullying, fear of change, unwanted habits, thoughts and memories and phobias
I specialise in:-
- Weight loss and emotional eating
- Panic attacks
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Situational Anxiety
- Embracing the menopause through Hypnosis
- Building confidence and Self-belief
- Improving performance at work or in business
- Passing tests/exams
- Moving on from Life events
- Pain management with hypnosis
I have developed 2 specialised programmes for:-
- Anxiety and Self-Belief
- Weight loss
'Shine formula for anxiety and Self Belief' - Four Sessions using regression therapy, coaching and solution focused hypnosis, I enable you to to release unwanted, outdated, unhelpful negative thoughts and behavioural patterns and create a natural confidence and ease of being with yourself; dealing with issues, feelings, blockages that have affected you for some time and manifests in a number of areas of your life.
‘Sparkle formula for Weight loss and Vitality’– Six sessions to gain freedom from your emotional eating and overcome the cycle of dieting failure.
I help you to work on-
1. The root cause - why your emotions cause you to eat
2. Your habits
3. Your self belief, overcoming overwhelm, believing in your goals
I am also a licensed Practitioner of the Hypno-Band http://www.hypnoband.com/
The Hypno-Band © is the revolutionary new weight loss system designed for those who have a high Body Mass index (BMI)
If this is applicable for you; I take you through the process of having a gastric band fitted, only in your mind. By using suggestion and visualisation your mind will be convinced that your stomach has become smaller and that you need less food. By eating less and less often you will begin to lose weight. The process uses hypnotherapy and cognitive behavioural techniques to help you achieve your ideal weight - and stay there!
For more information on the above programmes, please check out my website and call for a consultation.
The above specific programmes described above are designed with core ingredients for success that are then tailored to your needs and challenges and are a 4-6 sessions.
For other requirements - generally 2-3 sessions are needed. This enables me to work with you on the root cause of your issues, then developing strategies for achieving change.
To support you I will use a blend of the following therapies where applicable.
- Solution focused Hypnotherapy – enabling you to move forward and develop solutions in your subconscious Eriksonian Hypnotherapy – through trance allowing access to the resources of your the subconscious mind explore the nature of the problem and help you to discover the solution that is buried within
- Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy – helping you to change your thoughts and feelings, making lasting changes to your emotional stats and releasing feelings of depression, anxiety and anger.
- Analysis and Regression
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- Generalised Anxiety techniques
I offer a FREE telephone consultation to discuss your challenges and goals and this provides an opportunity for you to ask any questions to establish how I can support you.
If there was a diet or weight loss programme I can guarantee that I'd tried it at some point during the past 30 years, mostly with only short lived success, minimal weight loss and out of pocket! However, during my consultations with Joanna, I immediately felt comfortable with her, sharing my feelings and experiences of emotional eating in a safe, very comfortable environment, discussing my constant battle with food and unhappiness with myself.
Through hypnotherapy sessions with Joanna I have lost weight and inches. But more than the weight loss, Joanna has helped me with my confidence, the belief that I can achieve my goals; that healthy eating is now part of my life - no measuring, no calorie counting, no denying certain foods, there is no battle, no constant thinking or worrying of what I can or cannot have to eat.
I sincerely enjoy the food choices I make and life has become so much more positive. My general health has also improved which has helped me at work and also to realise my dream of learning to horse ride - an activity I would never even have thought I could achieve. Hypnotherapy with Joanna has contributed more than I would have ever imagined, changing my attitude towards food and motivating me to become the person I wish to be.
Thank you, I am sleeping so much better, 8 hours a night and so much calmer all round
Can’t recommend this lady enough, Brilliant
This lady is fabulous! I have suffered with mental health issues for over 10 years and after seeing Jo, I finally feel like my life is back on track and the future looks bright xx
Others are commenting how much more confident I seem to be and have complimented me on how I am doing.
Whatever your needs I look forward to finding out how I can help you. Call or email for a telephone consultation. Check out my website for more information.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified Clinical Hypnotherapist and Coach and continue to develop my professional knowledge and expertise.
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Coaching
- Certificate in NLP Life Coaching
- Post graduate degree in Learning and Development
- Certificate in Mindfulness
- Essex Institute Analysis and Regression Therapy
- Essex Institute Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Weight Management programme
- Pain Management Programme
- Transactional analysis TA101
- Introduction to Havening
- Certificate in EMDR
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Practitioner AAMET
- Certificate in Evidence based pain reduction
- Hypnotherapy for the Menopause
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
NLP Life Coach
Performance/Business Coach; I specialise in working with people new to management who are experiencing the steep learning curve and the challenges of managing a team.
Photos & videos
Free 30 minute telephone conversation
£75 per 90 minute session
£50 per 60 minute session
Sparkle formula for Weight loss & Shine formula for Anxiety and Self-Belief (discounted package rates apply- 90 minute sessions)
I am registered with the
- National Council of Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy. (APHP)
- The Complementary and Natural Health care Council (CNHC)
- The Association for Coaching
- AAMET (EFT)
- I am a licensed Practitioner of the Hypno-Band http://www.hypnoband.com/
I am committed to the code of ethics for these organisations and attend regular supervision.
Contact me to let me know what change you are seeking in your life, I will be delighted to work with you. I offer a free telephone consultation for you to find out more about Hypnotherapy and to discuss how I can help you.
Obtain your FREE downloads
I am available for daytime, weekend and evening appointments