Gurvinder Virdee - Dip.CBH, Dip. SMRB, GHR, CNHC, NCH, REBHP
Suite 13, Dock Offices
Surrey Quays Road
The Old Forge
South Woodford, London
0203 633 2783
Hi, I'm Gurvinder and I am a Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist at Helpful Hypnotherapy.
I trained with the UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy, which is the only training college in the country to offer a level 5 Diploma in Evidence-Based Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy approved by The British Psychological Society (BPS).
I specialise in using a combination of two evidence-based therapies - cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and hypnotherapy. Although both therapies are effective when use individually, research shows that a combination of the two results in much greater outcomes for clients.
Conditions that I specialise in include:
- mild depression
- anger management
- irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- insomnia and sleep disorders (including sleep walking)
- fertility issues
- stress-related skin disorders (acne, eczema and psoriasis)
- generalised anxiety disorder (GAD)
- stress management
- confidence issues
- phobias and fears
- weight loss / emotional eating
- stop smoking (cigarettes/cannabis)
- exam stress
- panic attacks
For a full list of treatments and to find out more about the treatment itself, please visit my website.
A FREE telephone consultation is available so please call now on 0203 633 2783 to find out how I can help you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Evidence-Based Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (Dip.CBH) approved by The British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Diploma in Stress Management and Resilience-Building (Dip. SMRB).
- I am a Pru-Health (Vitality) Approved Practitioner.
I am also a member of the following organisations:
- General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- Register for Evidence-Based Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (REBHP)
- Complementary Natural and Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- The National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Photos & videos
I offer a FREE telephone consultation, so please contact me on 0203 633 2783 for more information.
- Treatments cost £90 a session and approximately 4-6 sessions are required to create lasting change.
- Quit smoking treatment costs £295 and is a two-session treatment with follow-up support for three months and a booster session (if required)
I accept private health insurance from a number of healthcare providers.
I have four London clinics:
- Canada Water SE16 (on the Jubilee Line and London Overground)
- South Woodford E18 (on the Central Line)
- Old Street EC1 (on the Northern Line and London Overground).
- Southgate, N14 (on the Piccadilly Line)
Helpful Hypnotherapy has clinics in Canada Water SE16 (on the Jubilee Line and London Overground) and South Woodford E18 (on the Central Line). Both clinics are located less than two minute's walk from the tube station. Our North London clinic is located in Southgate N14 (on the Piccadilly Line).Our City of London clinic is located in Old Street EC1 (on the Northern Line and London Overground). Our Old Street clinic is a seven minute walk from the station.
Free parking is available at Canada Water and Southgate clinics and there is pay and display parking at South Woodford and Old Street.
Disability and wheelchair access is available at our South Woodford clinic.
Clinics are open from 8.30am-9am seven days a week and appointments can be arranged outside these times if necessary.
Clinics open 7 days a week from 8.30am-9pm