Gillian Bartlam MSc Hypnotherapy
01603 473977 / 07788 882515
It is a very daunting project going to see a hypnotherapist or counsellor, so I am always happy to talk to people and explain more about my services, my aim is to help people to feel comfortable enough to explore feelings at a deep level and find solutions to their problems.
I am a qualified Hypnotherapist, and have been a psychodynamic/person centred counsellor/psychotherapist for 26 years both privately and for the NHS. I have run groups for sexually abused people taking referrals from Social Services and the NHS.
Having taught for Cambridge University, West Suffolk College, UEA and Chrysalis I have had to keep up with changing therapies. Consequentially I have done training in several different approaches, Solution focused, NLP, Brief therapy, Mindfulness, CBT, and Gestalt. I also teach meditation and am trained in Reiki and massage.
I like to tailor my work to suit each individual client so that we can achieve the best result possible.
How to get started:
Ring or email me with a good time for me to ring you back so that we can arrange a short, free, face to face meeting to enable you to ask questions and find out if I am the right Hypnotherapist for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- ASH- Masters in Hypnotherapy and NLP
- Cambridge University (1987-1990) Counselling and Groupwork
- ITEC Anatomy & Physiology (1992)
- Holistic Massage (1993)
- Cambridge University (1992-1993) Supervision of Counselling
- Mckenna Breen licenced practitioner of NLP (1996)
- Newcastle College - Certificate in Life Coaching (2006)
- Solution Focussed Therapy at Brief and then at Children's Services (2008)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
My fees are £50-£70 per session.
Please contact me to discuss Smoking Cessation prices.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
I see people most days except Tuesdays. I usually arrange a free short session when you can meet me, discuss possibilities and then decide if i am the right therapist for you.