Dr Emma Rae Rhead B.Sc Hons, M.B.Ch.B (Medical Doctor)
Ten Harley Street Ltd
10 Harley Street
Eighty Eight Rodney Street Ltd
88 Rodney Street
0151 3293350 / 020 7183 7780
Are you looking for a specialist clinical hypnotherapist who is also a qualified medical doctor?
Do you need the peace of mind of a hypnotherapist who understands your symptoms and clinical problem?
Are you looking for safe, ethical and effective holistic treatment that is tailored to your needs?
As one of only a handful of full-time Hypnotherapists in the UK who is also a qualified and experienced Medical Doctor, I help people achieve their best health and success safely and naturally without drugs or side effects.
- Qualified and Experienced NHS Medical Doctor (Liverpool Trained 1994)
- 25 Years Clinical Experience
- Highly Trained in Contemporary Clinical Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy, Mind-Body Therapy
- Full time Specialist Medical Hypnotherapist practicing in Chester, Rodney Street Liverpool and Harley Street London
- Receives Regular Referral from NHS Consultants, GPs, Dentists, Solicitors
- Highly Accredited by Leading Professional Bodies, including the General Medical Council
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section
- Person-Centred, Client-Focused Bespoke One-to-One Holistic Therapeutic Care
- Evidence Based Proven Solutions for many Symptoms and Conditions
I specialise in providing integrated hypnotherapy and psychotherapy services to individuals who are struggling with issues such as anxiety, panic attacks, health anxiety, alcohol, stress, medically unexplained symptoms, chronic pain, addictions, low fertility, psychosomatic and medical health issues. I am confident helping clients with complex medical and emotional needs.
Non-judgemental, warm, friendly and down to earth, I will approach you as a unique individual recognising that you are the expert on you.. Rather than focusing on medical labels, I will take a broad and holistic view of your current issues, looking at all physical, psychological, emotional, medical, social and spiritual factors that may be having an impact on your current health and well-being.
My approach is entirely client-focused. All one to one sessions are uniquely tailored to your particular individual needs. Rest assured, I only used evidence based treatment interventions that have been shown to work in clinical and academic journals, or anecdotally over many years of clinical practice. My aim is always to help you achieve genuine, lasting positive change safely in the fastest time possible for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
My post-graduate education in therapy began in 1998 alongside my medical career and includes training with the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (who provide training equivalent to Masters level, and are one of the longest established schools of Hypnotherapy / Hypno-Psychotherapy in the UK; a recognised centre of excellence accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)), the Manchester Institute of Psychotherapy and the American School of Clinical Hypnosis.I am one of only a few therapists in the UK to have been awarded by the European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy. the European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis which is a life award recognising substantial training and experience (1200hrs) in the art and science of Hypno-Psychotherapy.
I am a member of the National Society of Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness, the National Council for Hypnotherapy, the National Council of Psychotherapists and am a Senior Practitioner with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council.
I am a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section Member) and a member of the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH) which is an organisation exclusively registering doctors, dentists, psychologists and other health professionals who are trained in the use of clinical hypnosis.
I have training and experience in Hypnotherapy, Medical Hypnosis, Hypno-Psychotherapy, Hypno-Analysis, Integrative Psychotherapy, Ericksonian Psychotherapy, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Advanced Clinical Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy, Inner Child Work, Stress Management, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Past Life Regression and Therapy, Executive and Life Coaching, Recovery Coaching, Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP), Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Mind-Body Therapies, Reiki Master Practitioner, Complementary Medicine, Counselling, Meditation and Mindfulness. I am also a qualified Sivananda Yoga Teacher.
For your peace of mind, I am a member of, accredited by or registered with the following professional bodies
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine)
- General Medical Council (Fully Registered Medical Practitioner)
- Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC)
- National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness (NSHPM)
- British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH)
- Senior Practitioner General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (SQHP)
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (MNCH)
- National Council of Psychotherapists (MNCP)
- United Kingdom Association for Solution Focused Practice (UKASFP)
- UK Psychological Trauma Society (UKPTS)
- European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy (EAHP)
- Federation of Holistic Therapists (MFHT)
- Mindfulness Association (MA)
- Member of the Royal Society of Biology (MRSB)
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Health Anxiety, Fertility, Doctor and Dentist Anxiety, Anxiety over Medical Tests, Dementia, Adult Survivors of Child Trauma, High Blood Pressure (Hypertension), Psychosomatic Disorder and Medically Unexplained Symptoms
Other services offered include
- Holistic (Complementary) Health Consultancy
- Specialist Coaching Services (Addiction, Illness and Divorce Recovery)
- Medical Coaching
- Holistic Chronic Disease Management
- Stress Management
- Mindfulness and Meditation
Free Initial Telephone Consultation.
You will find my fee schedule and availability on my website http://www.chesterhypnotherapy.co.uk
I offer a free initial telephone consultation. Please call me or email me directly to discuss your particular needs.
You can call my Chester Practice on 01244 470181
If you wish to consult me at 10 Harley Street, London, call 020 7183 7780
For appointments at 88 Rodney Street, Liverpool, call 0151 329 3350
I offer a Confidential Text-Line for initial contact Text Line +44 7480 635354 (No calls)(Dr Rhead's eyes only)
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory