Dr Emma Rae Rhead - Medical Doctor Hypnotherapist
Cherry Tree House
86 Pine Grove
As one of only a handful of Medical Hypnotherapists in the UK who are experienced NHS Doctors, I provide professional Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy services to individuals looking for natural, effective, lasting solutions to their health issues.
With over 22 years clinical expertise, I have conducted tens of thousands of face to face hours clinical hours, helping people heal, grow and lead happier and healthier lives, whatever difficulties life has brought to them; I’d be so honoured to help you too...
Warm, friendly, non-judgemental, I will approach you as a unique individual, recognising that you are the expert on you.
Rather than focusing on medical labels, I take a much broader, more holistic view of your current issues, and never lose sight of the fact that we are all persons in the process of becoming what we were meant to be — balanced and healthy in mind, body, and spirit...
Using my modern integrative approach to therapy, grounded in the latest psycho-therapeutic theory and brain science, interventions are always tailored to my client's unique needs. As a strategic therapist, my aim is always to help you achieve positive and lasting change in the shortest time possible for you.
Hypnotherapy and Hypno-Psychotherapy are powerful dynamic change therapies that can allow clients to make genuine, positive lasting change, much more easily than often imagined by utilising the resources within their subconscious mind. Often clients are unaware what they are doing differently; they just find themselves thinking, feeling and being better!
Training, qualifications & experience
- General Medical Council (Fully Registered Medical Practitioner)
- Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC)
- Senior Practitioner General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (SQHP)
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (MNCH)
- British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH)
- National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness (NSHPM)
- United Kingdom Association for Solution Focused Practice (UKASFP)
- European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy (EAHP)
EDUCATION (selected only)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery with Commendation (M.B.Ch.B) (University of Liverpool 1994)
- Bachelor of Science Honours Degree in Medical Cell Biology (B.Sc.Hons)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy with Distinction (Dip.Clin.Hyp)
- Diploma in Ericksonian Hypno-Psychotherapy (DEHP)
- Diploma in Stress Management
- Diploma in Past Life Regression and Past Life Therapy
- European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis (ECCH)
I am committed to continued learning and development via Continued Professional Development and Education within all areas of contemporary hypno-psychotherapeutic practice, holistic health, integrated medicine and mind-body therapy. I have specialist training in all my areas of expertise.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Tinnitus *
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Specialist Hypnotherapy for Medical Conditions
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Health Anxiety
- Pain Management
- Headaches and Migraine
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Cancer Care
- Fears and Phobias
- Promoting Immunity and Healing
- Psychogenic Nausea
- Skin conditions, such as Eczema, Psoriasis
- High Blood Pressure
- Functional and Psychosomatic Disorders
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms
Specialist Hypnotherapy for Alcohol Misuse
- Reducing Alcohol
- Overcoming Binge Drinking
- Stopping Drinking
- Maintaining Abstinence
- Relapse Prevention
Specialist Hypnotherapy for Dental Problems
- Dental fear, anxiety, avoidance
- TMJ dysfunction
- Teeth Clenching
- Teeth Grinding
- Hypersensitive Gag Reflex
Therapeutic Use of Past Life Regression and Past Life Therapy
Diploma in Past Life Regression and Past Life Therapy.
Member of Past Life Therapists Association
(You don't need to believe in past lives for therapeutic effect)
I regularly work with clients with complex medical needs and with conditions other than those listed above. Please do contact me to discuss your particular needs.
Please note: Due to high demand for my services, I work with highly selected clients and specialise in particular clinical areas to provide the highest level of expertise for the clients who choose to work with me. I do not offer the following services:
Weight Loss Hypnotherapy
Substance Use other than Alcohol
Due to continued high demand for my unique services, please do contact me as soon as you are considering working with me to discuss you particular needs.
Please visit my website for current availability and fees here http://www.chesterhypnotherapy.co.uk/Book-Appointment-Now
Daytime and Evening Appointments Available. No weekend availability.