Dr Emma Rae Rhead B.Sc Hons, M.B.Ch.B (Medical Doctor)
Cherry Tree House
86 Pine Grove
Are you looking for a highly experienced Chester Hypnotherapist who is also a qualified medical doctor?
Do you need the peace of mind of effective, safe treatment?
As a full time Specialist Clinical Hypnotherapist who is also a qualified Medical Doctor, I help people achieve their best health and success naturally without drugs or side effects.
I am so passionate about the life-changing effects that excellent hypnotherapy services can bring to peoples lives, that I chose to leave an established medical career as a Hospital Doctor to provide it and pursue my private practice full-time. As a rare full-time Specialist Medical Doctor Hypnotherapist in the UK, clients consult me at my Chester Hypnotherapy Practice, Rodney Street Liverpool and Harley Street London. As Harley Street's only full-time Medically qualified Adult and Child Hypnotherapist, clients travel from throughout the UK and internationally to work with me.
I have over 25 years clinical experience and have conducted tens of thousands of face-to-face consultations. As well as self-referring clients, my very busy and established private practice receives regular referral from NHS Hospital Consultants, GPs, Solicitors, Dentists, Clinical Psychologists, Psychotherapists and other Hypnotherapists.
Read genuine, verifiable client reviews, not testimonials, of my services here http://www.chesterhypnotherapy.co.uk/dr-emma-rae-rhead-reviews-hypnotherapy-chester
I specialise in providing integrated hypnotherapy and psychotherapy services to individuals who are struggling with issues such as anxiety, panic attacks, health anxiety, stress, chronic pain, alcohol, addictions, skin problems, low fertility, psychosomatic and medical health issues. I am confident helping clients with very complex medical needs.
Non-judgemental, warm, friendly and down to earth, I will approach you as a unique individual recognising that you are the expert on you. Rather than focusing on medical labels, I will take a broad and holistic view of your current issues, looking at all physical, psychological, emotional, medical, social and spiritual factors that may be having an impact on your current health and well being. As a medical doctor, I am trained in clinical history taking and symptom assessment, so unlike a hypnotherapist without medical training, I am able to diagnose and make a full clinical assessment.
My therapeutic approach is entirely client-focused. All one to one sessions are uniquely tailored to your particular individual needs. Rest assured, I only used evidence based treatment interventions that have been shown to work in clinical and academic journals, or anecdotally over many years of clinical practice. My aim is always to help you achieve genuine, lasting positive change safely in the fastest time possible for you.
If you are considering working with me, please email me direct on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your particular needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
My post-graduate education in therapy began in 1998 alongside my medical career and includes training with the National College of Hypnosis and Psychotherapy (who provide training equivalent to Masters level, and are one of the longest established schools of Hypnotherapy / Hypno-Psychotherapy in the UK; a recognised centre of excellence accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)), the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy and the American School of Clinical Hypnosis. I am one of only a few therapists in the UK to have been awarded the European Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis which is a life award recognising substantial training and experience (over 1200 hours) in Hypno-Psychotherapy.
I am a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine, an Elected Council Member for the Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine Section and a member of the British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis which is an organisation exclusively registering doctors, dentists, psychologists and other health professionals who are trained in the use of medical hypnosis.
I have specialist Diplomas and training in Hypnotherapy, Medical Hypnosis, Hypno-Psychotherapy, Integrative Psychotherapy, Ericksonian Hypnosis and Psychotherapy, Advanced Clinical Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy, Specialist Paediatric (Childrens) Hypnotherapist, Inner Child Therapy, Stress Management, Hypnosis Pain Management Specilaist Practitioner, Hypno-Analysis, Regression Therapy, Executive and Life Coaching, Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP), Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Mind-Body Therapies, Complementary Therapies (VTCT), Counselling and Mindfulness. I am also a qualified Sivananda Yoga Teacher.
For your peace of mind, I am a member of, accredited by or registered with the following professional bodies
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (Hypnosis and Psychosomatic Medicine)
- Elected Council Member for the Hypnosis Section of the Royal Society of Medicine
- General Medical Council (Fully Registered Medical Practitioner)
- Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC)
- National Society of Hypnosis, Psychotherapy and Mindfulness (NSHPM)
- British Society of Clinical and Academic Hypnosis (BSCAH)
- Senior Practitioner General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (SQHP)
- International Society of Paediatric Hypnotherapists (TISPH)
- National Council for Hypnotherapy (MNCH)
- National Council of Psychotherapists (MNCP)
- United Kingdom Association for Solution Focused Practice (UKASFP)
- UK Psychological Trauma Society (UKPTS)
- European Association for Hypno-Psychotherapy (EAHP)
- Federation of Holistic Therapists (MFHT)
- Mindfulness Association (MA)
- Member of the Royal Society of Biology (MRSB)
Accredited register membership
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Doctor and Dentist Anxiety
Hypnotherapy for Eczema, Psoriasis and other skin conditions
Hypnotherapy for Children and Teenagers
Adult Survivors of Child Abuse
Coping with Life Threatening Illness
High Blood Pressure
Other services include
- Specialist Coaching (Recovery from Alcohol Addiction, Illness, Divorce)
- Holistic Alcohol Services
- Telephone Therapy
- Medical Coaching for Chronic Illness
- Holistic Chronic Disease Management
- Holistic (Complementary) Medicine Consultancy
- Mindfulness and Meditation Training
- Mentoring/Coaching for Doctor/Therapists (Hypnotherapy and Complementary Therapy)
You will find information on my fees and availability by visiting my website
You can read genuine verifiable client reviews, not testimonials, of my services by following the link here http://www.chesterhypnotherapy.co.uk/dr-emma-rae-rhead-reviews-hypnotherapy-chester
Due to high demand for my unique services, can I suggest that you email me initially for preliminary discussion of your needs. We can then schedule your free telephone consultation, as needed.
- Also registered with Hypnotherapy Directory