Elaine Kimber, Kensington Hypnotic Remedies
7 Russell Gardens
5A Lucerne Mews
Do you feel overwhelmed? Feel like you're drowning? Is anxiety running your life? Are addictions worrying you? Are you struggling to lose weight? Is it time to make some changes? You've come to the right place.
People manifest unconscious, unhealthy beliefs that are at the heart of emotional disturbance. Such beliefs can cause individuals to have unpleasant thoughts and emotions and unwanted behaviour, as well as unwanted habits and even addictions; thus people think and behave in ways that sabotage important areas of their lives. I too developed unhealthy beliefs during my traumatic childhood and I know the journey to changing unhealthy beliefs and stopping disturbing thoughts and unhealthy behaviours to increasing my own self-worth, feeling happier than I have ever been and enjoying life more than I thought was possible.
Unhealthy beliefs are often buried in the subconscious mind, the part of our mind that ‘runs the show’ and is the area which hypnosis works with to bring about awareness and lasting changes. Perhaps this makes sense to you because you have tried to stop certain thoughts, behaviour and habits; however, you can’t explain why they continue. Perhaps I can help?
I am located at:
7 Russell Gardens, W14 9ED, Kensington Olympia
Lucerne Clinic, 5a Lucerne Mews W8 4ED, Notting Hill
46 Theobalds Road, WC1X 8NW, Holborn
I use the philosophy and tools of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) combined with hypnotherapeutic techniques, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Eye Movement Desensitisation Processing (EMDR) to help clients with their difficulties.
According to Kirsch et al. 1993 - the average client receiving CBH was 80% more effective than those using CBT without hypnotherapy. CBT and hypnosis have both been scientifically proven to work; this is the reason why the NHS endorses CBT as well as hypnosis.
I am a Certified Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist, Weight Management Consultant (Gastric Band Weight), Life Coach and EFT (Emotion Freedom Technique) Practitioner. I have advanced training in Anxiety, Stress, IBS, Menopause and Phobias. I have helped many clients with many other concerns such as anxiety, panic disorder, fear of flying, fear of dentists, fear of heights, audition nerves and tinnitus as well as low self-esteem.
My approach is to teach you CBT problem solving skills, self-hypnosis and EFT so that you can learn to become your own therapist and bring about the change you want now and in the future. Clients have found that sharing their concerns and difficulties with a warm, supportive and empathetic therapist has been hugely beneficial in helping them feel safe and therefore better able to explore their issues while working towards a better understanding of the cause of their distress and the resolution of their concerns within a therapeutic relationship.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Diploma, Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- Diploma, Life Coaching
- Weight Management Consultant (Hypnothin, gastric band hypnosis)
- Trained in EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)
- Advanced Certificates: Anxiety, Menopause, IBS and Phobias
- Foundation Year of Bachelor Degree in Transactional Analysis
- Registered with the (GHSC) General Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- Registered with the (GHR) General Hypnotherapy Register
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
Weight Management Consultant (Gastric Band hypnosis)
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) Practitioner
Qualified Life Coach
Advance training: IBS, anxiety, stress, phobias and menopause, EMDR
£90 per session for therapy
£295 for smoking cessation
If you change your mind; you change your life so you can start living the life you deserve….
- Do you find that something seems to get in your way, thwarting your efforts, hindering your relationships and preventing you from living the life you want?
- Do you find yourself repeating the same destructive patterns of behaviour which adversely affect important areas of your life as well as important relationships; even though you want to stop and you try to stop?
- Do you struggle with irritable bowel syndrome, pain management, skin conditions, chronic fatigue, insomnia, tinnitus, weight concerns, nail biting, blushing, stuttering, anxiety – panic attacks, low moods, low self-esteem, phobias and excessive fears, performance anxiety, social anxiety, OCDs, assertiveness or procrastination problems and addictions such as smoking and drinking excessive alcohol?
- Do you ever wonder why you continue to think, act and voice things that you don’t want to?
People manifest unconscious, unhealthy beliefs that are at the heart of emotional disturbance. Unhealthy beliefs can cause individuals to have unpleasant thoughts and emotions, and unwanted behaviour as well as unwanted habits and even addictions; thus people think and behave in ways that sabotage important areas of their lives. Unhealthy beliefs are often buried in the subconscious mind, the part of our mind that ‘runs the show’ and the subconscious part of our mind is the area of the mind which hypnosis works with to bring about awareness and lasting changes. Perhaps this makes sense to you because you have tried to stop certain thoughts, behaviour and habits however you can’t explain why it continues; perhaps I can help. The process, techniques and philosophy of cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy (CBH) can be applied to many types of problems while enabling clients to understand how their thinking affects their moods and their behaviour.
Take steps now to make the change you want, with hypnotherapy, many others have
Why you would want to choose to me to help you…
- I received excellent training and qualified as a Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapist at a reputable college;
- I hold a Diploma, Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy
- I hold a Diploma, Life Coaching
- I have advanced training in anxiety, IBS, menopause and phobias and I am approved by Anxiety UK;
- I have advanced training in smoking cessation;
- I am registered with the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC) and the General Hypnotherapy Register (GRH) which means I am supervised by them and adhere to their high standards and strict code of ethics;
- You will feel at ease with my gentle, compassionate, empathetic approach which others have found helpful;
- I have built two practices; many clients of which are from recommendations;
- Having worked in finance, in the City, I can hugely empathise with the difficulties people who have work-related stress and ad generalised anxiety;
- You will benefit from my experience, using CBT, a very effective therapy, combined with current hypnotherapy techniques and a structured programme specific to your needs;
- Two minds are better than one; so let’s put our minds together to create the changes you want.
Monday - Friday 8am - 9:30pm Saturday - 10am to 5:30pm Sunday - possibly