Deborah Sims, Dip.Hyp, HPD, GQHP, NLP Practitioner
Hi, I'm Deborah. My personal hopes for my clients are that they:-
- Uncover and adopt new ways of thinking, being or doing
- Achieve change in a way that reflects who they are
- Find my service fuss-free, straightforward and practical
- Learn about themselves in a new way (perhaps even one they have never known before)
- Recognise what abilities they have - and how to build on them.
- Learn what really fires them up and become motivated to do things differently
- Learn that change is a process not an event and what seems impossible now becomes do-able
- Learn how to use their imagination in a way that gives focus and promotes improvements in their lives
- Understand more about fears that may be holding them back - and how to change that
- Find courage and strength both from working with me and from their new skills - and thus can make the differences they aim for
- Work together with me to create and agree a plan of action for now and for the future
- Have fun! I believe that change is exciting and enjoyable - no matter how hard the process may appear to you before we begin. I love seeing my clients enjoy it too.
Please note: working with me is not about 'thinking positively’, or 'willing' yourself through challenging times. Willpower alone is such a tough struggle. Instead, I will bring you creative, practical and/or emotional tools to help you undermine old unhelpful responses and encourage new progressive ones instead. We work together so that you can leave The Hypnotherapy Boutique feeling delighted with your success and motivated to use your new abilities in many other areas of your life too. I can't tell you how exciting it is to be alongside clients who make those changes.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified, registered and insured Clinical Hypnotherapist having been awarded the Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma by the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH) and a Clinical Hypnotherapy Certificate by the Anglo European College of Therapeutic Hypnosis. I also recently completed my training as a cognitive behavioural hypnotherapist (qualification pending) and I am an NLP practitioner. In addition, I start a new role as course assistant with the internationally respected Anglo European College of Therapeutic Hypnosis in October 2015.
I have a Dip.HE Deaf Studies (interpreting) and worked with Deaf and hearing impaired people for 12 years in a communication/support/management capacity. The skills acquired then inform my specialist area of practice now - for example I work alongside your medical and healthcare professionals to complement your approach to conditions such as tinnitus, hyperacusis, misophonia.
I thrive on new knowledge gained throughout my continuing professional development and I adhere to a strict Code of Conduct as set out by the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH). I am registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC).
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Relationship issues
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- My service is accessible to people who are Deaf or hearing impaired
- Problem-solving cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy
I am fortunate to live and work on the magnificent Jurassic coast in Lyme Regis Dorset, an area of outstanding natural beauty. For those choosing my 2-day intensive programmes, I also offer fabulous overnight accommodation in the retreat cottage. Whether coming here for hourly sessions or longer, you can expect a warm and friendly welcome and an environment you can relax in.
Photos & videos
Consultation for 1 session (approx. 1.5 hours) is £75 for each regular, stand-alone appointment. Payment scale reductions are available for multiple appointments.
Please contact me to book a free 30 minute telephone/face-to-face consultation or to request an information pack. Included in the pack are further details of how I work with clients and detailed information about hypnosis. No pressure or obligation to book any sessions - just an informal chat to enable us both to decide whether I am the right therapist for you (and if I am not, I will of course do my best to refer you on to someone who is).
What Your Fees Include
- Your individual structured therapy plan.
- Training in Self Hypnosis (if appropriate).
- The Hypnotherapy session(s).
- Any recordings used to support you during therapy.
- Notes from the session, forming a comprehensive reminder and manual for your future use
- A detailed outline of any practical or ‘in mind’ tasks before your next session.
- Any additional material that may help you during therapy e.g., books, leaflets etc.
- My full support via email or telephone throughout the duration of therapy.
- Per session fee and NOT an hourly charge – please allow some flexibility in case we run over.
|Other languages:||Sign Supported English|
In some circumstances I do offer evening and weekend appointments. Please contact me to chat about your own availability and I will endeavour to be flexible where necessary.