Christopher Norris - Dip H; Dop NLP; HPD; Cert SM
11 Graham Lodge
15-23 St. Pancras Way
020 7112 8272 / 0790 575 6699
For the best results, I employ a combination of established psychotherapy practices, hypnosis and mindfulness techniques. My specialities include:
- Working with the symptoms of anxiety
- Issues around self-esteem and self-confidence
- Phobias (such as a fear of flying and social phobia)
- Obesity and significant weight-loss
- Relationship issues
- And (for men) working with the symptoms of erectile dysfunction
What to expect
Once you have contacted with me, we will quite quickly set up a time for us to see each other at one of the two locations from which I work.
Our first appointment will serve to provide you with an opportunity to get a sense of the approach I take. It will, of course, also allow me to get to know you and to get an understanding of the issue, or issues, we will be working with. Sessions usually last between 60 and 90 minutes, which, in this initial one, should be enough time for me to complete an assessment and suggest an effective course of treatment.
For a course of therapy to be at effective as possible, it is important that you are relaxed and are confident in the process we agree on. For this reason, I undertake to do all I can to keep you well informed and to ensure that you to feel safe and supported during each of our sessions together. Further, if you decide, after your first appointment, that I am not quite the right therapist for you, you will not be charged for the time we have spent together.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am suitably qualified; outcomes focussed and come with a good many years of experience in helping my clients deal with a range of emotional and clinical issues. My qualifications include:
- Diploma Hypnotherapy
- Diploma Clinical Mindfulness Teacher
- Certificate Stress Management
- Diploma Neuro-linguistic Programming – NLP
- Hypnotherapy Practitioners’ Diploma
- Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioners’ Certification
- British Association of Social Functioning – Certified to use the Heimler Scale – both in therapy and for purposes of analysis
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Fees depend largely on location and time-of-day.
A typical evening appointment in Central London is £97 – but reductions are available for block-bookings, North London appointments and daytime appointments.
Also, I keep a limited number of slots for those who are not able to afford my usual fees.
If you decide, after your first appointment, that I am not quite the right therapist for you, you will not be charged for the time we have spent together.
Anyone who has experienced a lifetime of battling weight-loss and weight-management will understand just how difficult such issues can be. After all, you can’t simply stop eating; in the way you can stop using almost any other substance that you might happen to be addicted to. When It comes to our relationship with food, each of us is different. Our bodies are different, our history is different and we experience different emotions. I am able to support you in a person-centred programme that is designed to help you permanently regain the size and shape you are meant to be. Please contact me to learn more.
Although Christopher sees most of his clients during the day, he does have a number of evening and weekend slots available each week.