Bilgi McDermott - Dip Hyp, CBT, ICPT, BA, MA
My name is Bilgi and I am a Clinical Hypnotherapist/Integrative Psychotherapist. I have been running my own private practice in West London for the last 14 years. Hypnotherapy can be applied to virtually any area of human activity. It is particularly valuable for achieving specific goals, stress management, health enhancement, personal development and interpersonal relationships, boosting your mind and confidence to overcome fears.
My Commitment to You
I am passionate about supporting my clients on their healing journeys, whether they come for physical symptoms, psychological exploration or pure curiosity. I strongly feel that every person is important and that everyone has a unique gift to contribute to this world. I believe that often when we face challenges in life, these can serve as an invitation to reconnect with our true selves, and transform our life's direction.
I am committed to providing heart-felt professional support, employing numerous techniques, so my clients may live more fully, feeling empowered and embracing their unique qualities.
Hypnotherapy is a powerful tool and used to create major positive life-changes. Hypnotherapy enables you to:
- Increase creativity and clarity of thought
- Reduce day-to-day anxiety, tension, and stress while strengthening the immune system
- Increase self-esteem and optimism about life
- Acquire a greater perspective and larger vision of life purpose
- Embrace life as an enriching opportunity to learn
- Reduce physical illness and unlock inner potential, creating mind-body healing
- Improve relationships
- Can help with healing physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Integrate mind, body, and spirit
- Create new beliefs that reflect the true inner self
- Believe in the courage and inner strength to change and transform your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
I worked as the Clinical Manager for a Charity and an Employee Assistance Programme, managing a team of counsellors and ensuring professional excellence and delivery of a national critical incident service. I have been working with individuals and couples for the last 14 years.
Self-knowledge and spiritual growth have always been important to me. After developing myself through academic pursuits, including a MA in integrative Psychotherapy, that has significantly shaped my approach to therapy and healing.
Later on, I turned my attention inwards. I felt a longing to contribute more directly to people's wellbeing. I thus embarked on intensive journey at the Hypnotherapy Training International UK. HTI of the United Kingdom is an accredited course provider for the British Society of Hypnotherapists (Est 1950), the longest-established professional organisation for Hypnotherapy in the UK and the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (Est 1980) two organisations with training standards and other requirements among the highest in the field including a requirement that courses possess at least 200 hours of core hypnosis training in the classroom in addition to home study.
I completed my diploma in hypnotherapy to work as a clinical hypnotherapist. I also have a certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and currently employ a mixture of techniques to support my clients.
- I obtained my diploma in Hypnotherapy from Hypnotherapy Training International UK.
- Diploma in Integrative Supervision.
- Qualified Mediator for Workplace Conflict.
- Certificate in CBT.
- MA in Integrative Psychotherapy.
- BA in Business Studies.
- I have a private practice since 2002.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sex addiction *
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I enjoy working with children and teenagers.
Photos & videos
- Free telephone consultation (up to 30 minutes)
- Hypnotherapy Session - £90 (90 minutes / 1.5 hours)
My office is located within walking distance of the following tube stations:
- Barons Court
- West Brompton (over & underground)
- West Kensington
- Fulham Broadway
Pay & Display parking is also available outside of my office.
Parking after 5pm is Free.
- Also registered with Counselling Directory
Monday-Thursday 8 am till 8 pm