Annette Britton DFSH, HPD MNCH (reg) AfSFH
Portland Therapy Centre
16 Burley Crest
Hi, my name is Annette Britton and over the past 30 years I have been passionate about how everyone can make positive changes in their lives and what can make this possible . I am a fully qualified Solution Focused Hypnotherapists and have experience of clients with a wide range of issues. In particular I enjoy working with children and teenagers and I have an Enhanced DBS certificate.
I love introducing my clients to this positive and empowering approach, because as it suggests SFBT focuses on solution building rather than problem solving. Helping you to find the best solutions to any difficulties you are experiencing rather than analysing the past and the problems that prompted you to seek change.
Training, qualifications & experience
Diploma in Solution-Focused Hypnotherapy, awarded by the Clifton Practice, experienced in offering a wide range of treatments and therapy.
Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma, awarded by the National Council for Hypnotherapy, the national standard for hypnotherapy practice.
I am a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH), one of the main professional bodies in the UK. I am also a member of the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapists (AfSFH).
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Alcohol abuse *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Drug abuse *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Gambling addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
£25 (Half Price) - Initial Consultation, a relaxing CD/ or download if given at this session.
£50 per subsequent session.
£95 one-off fee for smoking cessation.
How does Hypnotherapy work?
- First, you set the goals of treatment and decide what you would like to achieve.
- We then discuss how the brain works and explain why you feel the way you do.
- Next, we help you set achievable goals for the coming week.
- Then we work with trance to put the brain into solution-focused mode which will help you achieve those goals.
Each session is typically 50 minutes and we would expect to work with you for around 8-12 sessions.
HOME VISITS MAY BE AVAILABLE, please telephone to enquire.
I trained at The Clifton Practice in Bristol, a recognised Centre of Excellence for hypnotherapy. I was awarded the Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma (HPD)and Solution Focused Hypnotherapy Diploma (DSFH).
I continue to update my knowledge by attending Continuous Professional Development training.
I am available Mondays all day, Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings until 12 pm.