Amy Devine-Devereux. Dip Hyp, MHS, CHPM, CNHC reg, Dip HE in Adult Nursing
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Hello. I am Amy, a qualified and certified clinical hypnotherapist with almost 3 years experience in the field of hypnotherapy and several years experience as a qualified adult nurse working for the NHS.
I thoroughly enjoy my role as a hypnotherapist; working with clients to help them reach their full potential and overcome their problems. Within the talking and listening side of my work I use a person - centred approach, ensuring the client is at the centre of all decisions made; so what content they wish to bring to the sessions, what they wish to achieve from the sessions and their overall goal. It is through both hypnosis and giving the client space to talk that they can flourish and leave each session with new tools to assist them in their daily life and overall goal.
The following are a list of the more common situations I can help you overcome (please see further below for a full list):
- Addiction to food
- Habits (including smoking, obsessive compulsive disorder and many others)
- Nerves (exams, driving tests, public speaking)
- Pain management (short and long - term pain)
- Relaxation (when clients wish to maintain a sense of well -being)
- Stress (short and long - term stress)
- Weight loss/management
I have a keen interest in both mental and physical health and how hypnotherapy can be hugely beneficial and life - transforming when used to help with so many differing cases and problems. From safely losing weight, increasing confidence to teaching the client how to successfully manage living with chronic pain. I enjoy seeing how effective hypnotherapy can be in enabling the client to achieve their desired goal and move positively forward with their life.
As an individual I would describe myself as down to earth, approachable, honest, friendly and considerate of others and this is seen in my work. The individual needs of the client are of the upmost importance and each session of hypnotherapy is tailored made to suit their needs. I work alongside the client in ensuring that the client gets the most from the hypnotherapy.
Confidentiality is maintained.
My therapy room provides a space for you to relax and unwind in. I am in the village of Middleton on the Wolds, close to the towns of Driffield, Market Weighton, Pocklington and Beverley.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold the following relevant qualifications and CPD training:
- Certificate in Treating Intrusive Thoughts and the Inner Critical Voice - Wale Oladipo (Mind Body Break Through)
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy for Pain Management - Holly Wincote Hypnotherapy.
- Mindfulness for Depression and Anxiety - National Hypnotherapy Society.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills - Chrysalis.
- Advanced Certificate in Life Coaching - Chrysalis.
- Diploma of Higher Education in Adult Nursing Studies - University of York.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - York College.
- Approaches to Counselling - York College.
- Developing Counselling Skills - York College.
- Introducing Counselling Skills - York College.
My work is based on my skills, experience and knowledge attained through my training, experience in working with clients, continuing with my professional development, having regular supervision with a senior clinical hypnotherapist, reading around the subject of hypnotherapy and further training days.
My nursing experience developed from studying for three years at the University of York, where I qualified as an adult nurse. I have worked in a variety of NHS settings, caring for individuals aged from 18 years through to older age. Nursing has taught me to not only empathise with others, but to be compassionate in what I do and to remain patient. All valuable skills that come into practice when working as a hypnotherapist.
I am a member of the National Hypnotherapy Society (HS) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and so follow a set code of ethics at all times.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
I am currently undergoing further training to be able to treat individuals living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
If this may be applicable to you and you are looking for help, please do not hesitate to contact me to know more or alternatively keep an eye on the areas in which I can help with for updates.
- I offer a free 30 minute consultation to discuss your current situation and for me to answer any initial questions you may have regarding hypnotherapy.
- The first session is £45.00 and last 1.5 hours.
- Further sessions are also £45.00 each and last 1 hour.
For information on the quitting smoking package please contact me further.
"My experience of hypnotherapy was a positive one. The feelings experienced are of pure relaxation in a safe environment. After the first session I noticed how my current eating habits had changed and how I was making the changes without any real conscious effort to do so" (Anonymous)
"Amy helped me in many ways to get back to my old self again. If I need to go and see her again I would definitely go. A really lovely person. Thank you Amy" (Elaine)
Fear of flying:
"Amy was very welcoming and put me at ease quickly. The service provided was very professional and Amy helped me to develop techniques to calm myself and remain in control of my fear of flying" (Kate)
Anxiety and insomnia:
"I have a history of anxiety and insomnia dating back forty years. Having tried countless remedies both medical and complimentary, I had more or less resigned myself to the fact that I had simply forgotten how to sleep. In the past I had tried a few hypnotherapists with negative results. Amy's approach was different and I was pleased to note - no irritating CD's to be played at bedtime. Her techniques are different and really worked for me. A big thank you to Amy for helping me feel good again. I can deal with my anxiety and my sleep is better than it has been for years. I would absolutely recommend Amy to anyone with sleep or anxiety problems" (Stephanie)
"I didn't think hypnotherapy was going to work for me but it really has. I've become a more confident person and haven't had as many IBS flare ups. Amy was kind, caring and she listened. She had a calming voice and made me feel comfortable". (Abi)
|Other languages:||None, only English|
I offer hypnotherapy sessions Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm and 10am - 2pm on the occasional Saturday.