Amy Devine-Devereux. Dip Hyp, MHS, IEMT, CHPM, CNHC reg, Dip HE Nursing
East Riding Of Yorkshire
I am an experienced clinical hypnotherapist, ready to help you overcome your problems and reach your full potential. Whatever it is you seek help with, hypnotherapy can be incredibly effective at enabling you to make those desired changes and most importantly have the confidence and a sense of ease in maintaining them long after the sessions have finished.
Within my work I mainly use a person - centred approach, which means you are at the centre of all decisions made. Though in order for you to reap the positive benefits, hypnotherapy does require commitment. Positive changes can be quickly earned or may take a little longer depending on what it is you are seeking help for and the amount of sessions advised.
I have experience of working with and helping many clients with a variety of problems and conditions. Below are a list of some of the more common ones (* please consult your GP prior to having hypnotherapy)
- Anxiety (including panic attacks) *
- Addiction to food *
- Self - esteem and individual areas of confidence
- Depression *
- Habits (nail biting and many others)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome *
- Nerves (exams, driving tests, public speaking & many more)
- Phobias *
- Pain management (short and long - term pain) *
- Relaxation (for when clients wish to maintain a sense of well -being)
- Stress (short and long - term) *
- Weight loss/management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder *
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder *
I hold a great belief in hypnotherapy and have frequently observed how beneficial and life - transforming it has been to individuals from all walks of life and from the research that is available on hypnotherapy it is clear to see how it is successfully being recognised as an effective form of therapy that can help with many conditions and problems, when used in the right context.
As a therapist I am down to earth, welcoming and honest and this is seen in my work. I maintain confidentiality and my therapy room provides a space for you to relax and unwind in. I am located in the village of Middleton on the Wolds, close to the towns of Driffield, Market Weighton, Pocklington and Beverley.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold the following relevant qualifications:
- IEMT (Integral Eye Movement Therapy) Practitioner - Awarded by Holly Wincote, The IEMT Academy and a member of the Association of IEMT Practitioners.
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy for Pain Management - Holly Wincote Hypnotherapy.
- Mindfulness for Depression and Anxiety - National Hypnotherapy Society.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills - Chrysalis.
- Advanced Certificate in Life Coaching - Chrysalis.
- Diploma of Higher Education in Adult Nursing Studies - University of York.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - York College.
- Approaches to Counselling - York College.
- Developing Counselling Skills - York College.
- Introducing Counselling Skills - York College.
As a practising therapist I ensure my professional development is maintained through having regular supervision with a senior clinical hypnotherapist and attending relevant training days.
My nursing experience developed from studying for three years at the University of York, where I qualified as an adult nurse. I have worked in a variety of NHS settings, caring for individuals aged from 18 years through to older age. I am a member of the National Hypnotherapy Society (HS) and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and so follow a set code of ethics at all times.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
- I offer a free 30 minute consultation so you can find out more about hypnotherapy and to decide if I am the right therapist for you. Also it provides me the opportunity to understand more about you and the problems you are seeking help with.
- The first session is £45.00 and last 1.5 hours.
- Further sessions are also £45.00 each and last 1 hour.
For information on the quitting smoking package please contact me.
"My experience of hypnotherapy was a positive one. The feelings experienced are of pure relaxation in a safe environment. After the first session I noticed how my current eating habits had changed and how I was making the changes without any real conscious effort to do so" (Anonymous)
"Amy helped me in many ways to get back to my old self again. If I need to go and see her again I would definitely go. A really lovely person. Thank you Amy" (Elaine)
Fear of flying:
"Amy was very welcoming and put me at ease quickly. The service provided was very professional and Amy helped me to develop techniques to calm myself and remain in control of my fear of flying" (Kate)
Anxiety and insomnia:
"I have a history of anxiety and insomnia dating back forty years. Having tried countless remedies both medical and complimentary, I had more or less resigned myself to the fact that I had simply forgotten how to sleep. In the past I had tried a few hypnotherapists with negative results. Amy's approach was different and I was pleased to note - no irritating CD's to be played at bedtime. Her techniques are different and really worked for me. A big thank you to Amy for helping me feel good again. I can deal with my anxiety and my sleep is better than it has been for years. I would absolutely recommend Amy to anyone with sleep or anxiety problems" (Stephanie)
"I didn't think hypnotherapy was going to work for me but it really has. I've become a more confident person and haven't had as many IBS flare ups. Amy was kind, caring and she listened. She had a calming voice and made me feel comfortable". (Abi)
|Other languages:||None, only English|
I offer hypnotherapy sessions Monday - Friday 10am - 7pm and the occasional Saturday.