Amy Devine-Devereux Hypnotherapy, Dip Hyp, MHS, CHPM, Dip HE in Adult Nursing
East Riding Of Yorkshire
Hi. I'm Amy, a qualified, certified and insured clinical hypnotherapist with experience in helping individuals with weight loss/management, low self - esteem, overcoming anxieties, nerves, phobias and habits, addiction to food, stress (both acute and chronic), milder forms of depression and pain management (both acute and chronic).
I am also a qualified adult nurse and have a keen interest in both mental and physical health and how hypnotherapy can be hugely beneficial and life - transforming when used to help with so many differing cases and problems. From safely losing weight, increasing confidence to teaching the client how to successfully manage living with chronic pain. I enjoy seeing how effective hypnotherapy can be in enabling the client to achieve their desired goal and move positively forward with their life.
As an individual I would describe myself as honest, friendly and considerate of others and this is seen in my work. The individual needs of the client are of high importance and each session of hypnotherapy is tailored made to suit their needs. I work alongside the client to ensure that they get the most from the hypnotherapy and have regular supervision with a senior clinical hypnotherapist to ensure that I am working ethically at all times.
Confidentiality is maintained.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold the following relevant qualifications:
- Certificate in Hypnotherapy for Pain Management - Holly Wincote Hypnotherapy.
- Mindfulness for Depression and Anxiety - National Hypnotherapy Society.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills - Chrysalis.
- Advanced Certificate in Life Coaching - Chrysalis.
- Diploma of Higher Education in Adult Nursing Studies - University of York.
- Certificate in Counselling Skills - York College.
- Approaches to Counselling - York College.
- Developing Counselling Skills - York College.
- Introducing Counselling Skills - York College.
My work is based on my skills, experience and knowledge attained through my training, experience in working with clients, continuing with my professional development, having regular supervision with a senior clinical hypnotherapist, reading around the subject of hypnotherapy and further training days.
My nursing experience developed from studying for three years at the University of York, where I qualified as an adult nurse. I have worked in a variety of NHS settings, caring for individuals aged from 18 years through to older age. Nursing has taught me to not only empathise with others, but to be compassionate in what I do and to remain patient. All valuable skills that come into practice when working as a hypnotherapist.
I am a member of the National Hypnotherapy Society and so follow a set code of ethics at all times.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Food addiction *
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sexual issues *
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
- I offer a free 30 minute consultation to discuss your current situation and for me to answer any initial questions you may have regarding hypnotherapy.
- The cost of the first session is £40.00 and lasts 1.5 hours.
- Each session thereafter lasts an hour and are each priced at £38.00.
- Quitting smoking package is priced at £120.00.
Any questions regarding any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.
"My experience of hypnotherapy was a positive one. The feelings experienced are of pure relaxation in a safe environment. After the first session I noticed how my current eating habits had changed and how I was making the changes without any real conscious effort to do so" (Client wished to remain anonymous)
"Amy helped me in many ways to get back to my old self again. If I need to go and see her again I would definitely go. A really lovely person. Thank you Amy" (Elaine)
Fear of flying:
"Amy was very welcoming and put me at ease quickly. The service provided was very professional and Amy helped me to develop techniques to calm myself and remain in control of my fear of flying" (Kate)
Anxiety and insomnia:
"I have a history of anxiety and insomnia dating back forty years. Having tried countless remedies both medical and complimentary, I had more or less resigned myself to the fact that I had simply forgotten how to sleep. In the past I had tried a few hypnotherapists with negative results. Amy's approach was different and I was pleased to note - no irritating CD's to be played at bedtime. Her techniques are different and really worked for me. A big thank you to Amy for helping me feel good again. I can deal with my anxiety and my sleep is better than it has been for years. I would absolutely recommend Amy to anyone with sleep or anxiety problems" (Stephanie)
|Other languages:||None, only English|
I offer hypnotherapy sessions Monday - Friday 10am - 6.00pm, 10am - 2pm on a Saturday and occasional Sundays. I can also work the odd evening if week days or weekends are not convenient.