07702 720240/ 01634 326457 / 07720 862164
I have been a fully qualified clinical hypnotist for over 10 years and during this time I have also trained in other areas of therapy including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I work from home and offer quiet and comfortable surroundings for your therapy ensuring you feel safe and relaxed. I have experience in treating both adults and children with a wide range of issues. My therapy rooms are set up in order for parents or carers to be able to relax in an adjoining room during their child's treatment where they can listen to the therapy process.
An initial consultation session is usually suggested in order that we can meet one another, I can find out about you and your reasons for seeking therapy and so I can answer any questions or concerns you have. This allows you to feel at ease and have complete control over your treatment.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have an honours degree in Psychology and a post graduate advanced diploma in clinical hypnotherapy as well as qualifications in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. I have also successfully trained in other areas of therapy including EFT (Emotional Freedom technique) EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing), parts therapy and mindfulness, ensuring a holistic therapy approach.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Eating disorders *
- Exam stress
- Food addiction *
- Gastric band hypnotherapy
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Initial consultation session £20.
- Therapy sessions £45.00 per hour for up to 6 sessions and £35 per session thereafter.
- Catch up sessions £20.00 per session.
- Longer sessions (including smoking) £65.00. This is a one off session but a second appointment, if required, is £20.00
- 11+ tutor/therapy sessions £30
Probable length of treatment can be discussed during the initial consultation as all sessions are tailored specifically to your needs.
Most of my clients come to me but I am happy, where necessary, to visit clients for treatment (safety checks are carried out before visits are agreed)
Although I am happy to treat any issue, I do specialise in weight loss and smoking in adults, and anxiety and anger issues in children
As well as being a therapist I am a fully qualified teacher with several years' experience in both the secondary and primary sector so I am happy to run 11+ tutor sessions. Working within schools I appreciate the stress and anxiety that many children feel throughout the 11+ and SATS process so my sessions include necessary elements of confidence and well-being therapy throughout, enabling children to be equipped both academically and emotionally for their tests.
Understanding the importance of helping my clients as soon as possible, I endeavour to be flexible providing weekday, evening and weekend appointments where possible.