Alison Shepherd. Dip Hyp HSA Dip PC CS
10 Allison Avenue
I have over 20 years of experience, working with psychological and emotional conditions, both in the N.H.S and also in my work as a hypnotherapist. Some of the things people come to see me about include, anxiety, phobias, addictions, physical conditions, low self esteem and confidence. I can also help you with relationship problems, life transitions and many other issues.
My hypnoanalysis training means I can help you to resolve any psychological and emotional symptoms which may originate in your childhood.
As no two people are the same, I strive to create an environment to suit the individual needs and personality of my client.
I use hypnotherapy to communicate with your subconscious mind, which is where over 90% of our behaviour is motivated. This means it can be far more effective than working on the conscious level alone.
I also provide psychotherapeutic counselling, for problems which may require a deeper understanding of yourself and your life experience. I use a range of therapeutic models and techniques which suit the individual needs of my client.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 15 years experience working in the NHS, as a Mental Health Nurse. 1985 to 2000
- Certificate in Biodynamic Psychology and Psychotherapy. 3 years. GBI London.
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills. 2011. Chrysalis Courses.
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling 2013
- Practical Analysis and regression Therapy. 2016.10 week course, with EICH
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder. EICH course, March 2016
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
Other areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Hypnotherapy treatment: £50 per treatment.
- Stop smoking: £60 per treatment. ( 2 sessions).
- Psychotherapeutic counselling: £50 for 1 hour.
"I saw Alison for several sessions following a terrible break-up that left me in a state of despair and with extremely low self-esteem. Each session resulted in a huge step forward for my recovery and I felt I could see and understand things clearer. By the time the treatment was finished my self-esteem and self-confidence were higher than they have been in a long time and my ex is a distant memory. Alison used a traditional counselling combined with targeted hypnotherapy - this proved to be a powerful combination which gave fast and profound results. I would highly recommend her services to all"
"Alison has become a good friend over the past few years and I would not hesitate to recommend her as both a hypnotherapist and counselor. She is compassionate, understanding, gentle and a true professional."