Alison Shepherd. Dip Hyp HSA Dip PC CS
10 Allison Avenue
I have many years experience of working with mental health issues, both in the N.H.S and in my work as a hypnotherapist. Some of the conditions I work with include, anxiety, phobias, addictions, low self esteem and confidence. I can also help you with relationship problems and life transitions.
I use hypnotherapy to assist in making the changes you desire. I also provide psychotherapeutic counselling, for problems which may require a deeper understanding of yourself and your life experience. I use a range of therapeutic models and techniques which suit the individual needs of my client.
Having had hypnotherapy myself, I can say it really helped me to improve many areas of my life. My life experience and training has reinforced the immense benefit that can be gained from the expression of feelings, in a trusting therapeutic relationship. I discovered that the solution to problems, that seemed very complex, is often very simple.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Fully qualified hypnotherapist and psychotherapeutic counsellor.
- I am a member of The National Hypnotherapy Society and The National Counselling Society and abide by their code of conduct.
- 15 years experience working in the NHS as a mental health nurse.
- Hypnotherapy training, with Chrysalis, in Maidstone, Kent.
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Quit smoking
- Relationship issues
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
- Hypnotherapy treatment: £40 per treatment.
- Stop smoking: £50 per treatment. ( 2 sessions).
- Psychotherapeutic counselling: £40 for 1 hour.
"I saw Alison for several sessions following a terrible break-up that left me in a state of despair and with extremely low self-esteem. Each session resulted in a huge step forward for my recovery and I felt I could see and understand things clearer. By the time the treatment was finished my self-esteem and self-confidence were higher than they have been in a long time and my ex is a distant memory. Alison used a traditional counselling combined with targeted hypnotherapy - this proved to be a powerful combination which gave fast and profound results. I would highly recommend her services to all"
"Alison has become a good friend over the past few years and I would not hesitate to recommend her as both a hypnotherapist and counselor. She is compassionate, understanding, gentle and a true professional."