Alison Alexander HPD RGN DSFH DHP AfSFH CNHC
Massage & Wellbeing Centre
18 Gandy Street
I am a qualified Solution Focused Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist helping you to overcome issues such as depression, anxiety, anger, fears and phobias, stress, panic attacks, confidence issues, relaxation, motivation issues, coping problems, OCD, breaking habits, IBS and much more.
I have many years experience working in healthcare as a Registered Nurse. It was during my Nursing career that I first encountered the positive and very therapeutic qualities of Hypnotherapy. The positive results that I saw inspired me to undertake hypnotherapy training for myself at the Observatory Practice in Plymouth, part of renowned Clifton Practice Hypnotherapy Training, and am qualified in Hypnotherapy (DSFH) and Psychotherapy.
Practising locally in Exminster, Central Exeter and Whimple, I offer a professional and caring service, which is tailored to your personal needs. Therapy sessions are focused on supporting you towards your positive goals for the future.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist and hold a diploma in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy (DHP) and Hypnotherapy Practitioners Diploma (HPD) in Solution Focused Hypnotherapy.
Registered General Nurse (RGN)
Member of the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapy (AfSFH)
Registered with The Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
I undertake regular supervision and training/CPD. I am fully insured and enhanced DBS checked.
I also have taken additional professional development training in Self Hypnosis for childbirth, to help with any fears and anxieties experienced during pregnancy for both mum and Dad and to teach self help skills to help you during the birth
Areas of hypnotherapy I deal with
- Addictions *
- Anger management
- Anxiety *
- Depression *
- Exam stress
- Fear of flying
- Insomnia *
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Low self-confidence *
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessions and compulsions *
- Pain management *
- Panic attacks *
- Phobias *
- Post-traumatic stress disorder *
- Public speaking
- Sleep disorders *
- Sports performance
- Stress *
- Stuttering *
- Tinnitus *
- Weight loss
* If you have been diagnosed or suspect you may have one of the medical conditions starred above, you should consult your GP for advice, diagnosis and treatment and always inform your health professional before starting any alternative or additional therapies or treatments.
I offer a FREE Initial Consultation which is a chance to meet and discuss the changes that you want to make, so that you can decide if this is the right therapy for you. I will explain the way the brain creates the conditions we experience, and this in itself is a powerful catalyst for change. I will let you know how many sessions we can expect to be working together – specific phobias and fears usually take 3 sessions following the initial consultation, whereas general therapy requires 8-12 sessions, although this will vary from person to person. No trance work is included in this consultation, which lasts for 45-60 minutes.
Each subsequent session is £60 and lasts approximately 50- 60 mins. These sessions are a combination of psychotherapy and hypnotherapy, using modern Solution focused techniques.
Concessionary rates for seniors, under 15's and students
Home consultations by special arrangement
Payment is taken at the end of each session by cheque or cash. I am currently unable to take card payments
I operate a 24 hour cancellation policy. If a session is cancelled with less than 24 hours notice, full payment is due for that session.
Free parking at Chiropractic Matters, Exminster
- Free Initial Consultation – this session is a chance to meet and discuss the changes that you want to make, so that you can decide if this is the right therapy for you. I will explain the way the brain creates the conditions we experience, and this in itself is a powerful catalyst for change. I will let you know how many sessions we can expect to be working together – specific phobias and fears usually take 3 sessions following the initial consultation, general therapy requires 8-12 sessions, although this will vary from person to person. No trance work is included in this consultation, which lasts for 45-60 minutes. Free of charge
- Solution Focused Hypnotherapy Session – these further sessions , following initial consultation, consist of an element of psychotherapy, using modern solution focused techniques, and the best of NLP and CBT. This is reinforced with hypnotherapy lasting approximately half of the session length. 50-60 minutes. £60
I am currently undergoing additional training for a certificate in Medical Hypnotherapy to allow me to work in hospital settings
Flexible availability in Exeter and Exminster including Saturday mornings. Whimple Thursdays 5-8pm