Why choose hypnotherapy as your therapy
3rd February, 20170 Comments
I asked myself this exact question when I decided enough was enough! I had spent hours upon hours looking for something that would help me overcome my anxiety. It was surprisingly difficult at the time to find anything suitable for me. It wasn’t that there were no good therapies out there, because there were, it was more to do with the fact I wanted something to help me move forward and not look back, I needed to find the solution.
Now I’m not going to lie and say I wasn’t dubious about hypnotherapy when I came across it because I was. I wasn’t sure what to expect, but something kept me gripped and this is why!
- It’s all about you! Often the reasons why you suffer from anxiety, stress etc. are because you have forgotten about looking after you and have got into that horrid cycle of negative thinking. Hypnotherapy helps you break that cycle and unleash the solutions to getting you where you want to be.
- The approach focuses on the present and future and not on the past. You look at your preferred future, what would be better if the problem had improved? What would have changed? This helps you to find the solutions giving you goals to work towards.
- Each session is tailored to you, well researched tools and strategies are used in order to help you make these significant changes in your life in a relatively short period of time.
- The use of hypnosis which is so powerful helps make these changes and this is done simply through relaxation and visualisation, allowing you to focus on the positive aspects of your life and encourage a shift in perspective.
- Most importantly it’s relaxed, friendly and don’t be surprised to leave the therapy room with a spring in your step!
I could tell you how the brain works as this shows why hypnotherapy is so effective however I will save that for another article!
If this sounds the way forward for you consider booking a consultation with a hypnotherapist to see how they can help.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Hayley WhitehouseNovember 22nd, 2017
Floyd Matthews GHR, GHSC, NLPNovember 6th, 2017
Most viewed articles
Biodun Ogunyemi ANLP,BNLP,SNLP,C.H,Dip.HypOctober 13th, 2014
Gavin Roberts (Advanced Holistic Hypnotherapist)January 18th, 2016