Ten things men should know about hypno-therapy.
A number of new campaigns aimed at men have underlined the fact that while mental illness and suicides remain high in this half of the population the fact remains that men are far more reluctant than women to seek help. Perhaps one of the greatest challenges facing those of us who work with men is to break down some misconceptions about treatments such as hypnotherapy. Once men commit to the process then the results can be remarkable. We know it works! So how do we help men over this threshold?
- No one need know. Hypnotherapy is a discreet business and while it may be unnerving at first you can rest assured that what is said in the room does not leave the room.
- If you commit yourself to the process it will work. Just like every other job you’ve done it requires labour but the results will change your life.
- It need not be a trial. Establishing rapport with your hypno-therapist is crucial. If you are comfortable then the exchange will flow and you might even enjoy it!
- The cost of hypnotherapy is modest considering the rewards. It’s a small price to pay for the peace of mind it can bring (as well as cutting down on your ‘leisure’ expenses)
- Once you start opening up to the process you will come to see that what you are going through is a variation of what thousands of men are going through - right now. Just knowing this will make you feel more connected and less alone.
- You’ll be surprised to hear that people from all walks of life go in for hypnotherapy – being wealthy does not prevent you from suffering.
- A secret shared is a secret explained and the understanding of this makes it less of a burden.
- Approach hypnotherapy with a clear understanding of what you want is crucial. Try and frame this in the positive – rather than not wanting to do X or Y look forward to what you want to feel
- Be ready to change. That’s trickier than it sounds..
10. But above all have faith that hypnotherapy is not just problem solving but a way of helping you to become better able to use your resources to enjoy life more fully.
We look forward to seeing you.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Emily HughesNovember 22nd, 2016
Most viewed articles
Biodun Ogunyemi ANLP,BNLP,SNLP,C.H,Dip.HypOctober 13th, 2014