Smoke free zone
''Every breath you take. Every move you make. Every bond you break. Every step you take... I'll be watching you.“ This is a popular tune from The Police. But.. really, that's what a cigarette does to you. It controls you.
- In Great Britain 22% of adult men and 17% of adult women are still smokers.
- Surveys reveal that about two-thirds of current smokers want to stop smoking but only around 30%-40% attempt to do so in any given year.
- Smoking accounts for over one-third of respiratory deaths, over one quarter of cancer deaths, and about one-seventh of cardiovascular disease deaths.
- 70% of smokers have their first cigarette of the day within one hour of waking.
Have you asked yourself ''Why did I ever start?'' and ''Why am I still doing it?''.
Do you use any of these common excuses:
- It helps me deal with stress.
- It's too hard to give up.
- Irresistible urges to have it.
- No,really, I could quit any time I want. But not now.
- Smoking makes me more effective.
- I socialise when I smoke.
Many smoke because they believe it relaxes them, however, studies expose the opposite to be true. As nicotine subsides, you would become more anxious than you were beforehand and thus begin to crave another cigarette. It's a vicious ring of fire – for your lungs, for your body, for your mind.
You become addicted but you romanticise your daily escape.
It's time for you to break free. Take off the pink glasses and see how foggy everything is. Hypnotherapy is on the rise as an effective method to combat smoking. Sessions are customised to fit your individual needs. There are many stop smoking techniques, you may have tried a few, and they didn't work. In the session your views and associations of cigarettes will be discussed with your hypnotherapist. Once we know how your mind sees it, we will implement a suitable treatment. You will be taught how to break the thought-process behind the imagined ''pleasure'' as well as you will be taught how to deal with the anxiety it may bring.
Once you have left the cigarettes in the past, you will :
- Save money!
- Have longer life expectancy.
- Have improved immune system and have more energy.
Make the decision to quit smoking.
I look forward to hearing from you.
About the author
Adam Cumberland is the founder of Cumberland Hypnotherapy, he has worked closely with the well known and respected hypnotist Paul McKenna. With over 12 years of experience with his practice on Harley Street. He is trained to the highest level in Advanced Hypnotherapy, NLP and TFT.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Tracy Jones (AdvDipH, ADPR, DipHyp, CMH, CPNLP)March 15th, 2017
Most viewed articles
Biodun Ogunyemi ANLP,BNLP,SNLP,C.H,Dip.HypOctober 13th, 2014