Anxiety, a thing of the past
Reality slips away... You feel as if you will die, there is no escape. People's voices become distant. Are you going mad? Your nervous system is over stimulated, therefore it alters your thoughts, feelings and sensations.
Your brain goes into protection mode and shuts down.
Anxiety, anxiety disorder or panic attack disorder (PAD) manifests real symptoms but they are not due to a physical illness. It can be created by fear, uncertainty as well as anticipation of real or fantasy threats and situations.
Anxiety symptoms include:
- dizziness, headaches
- neck tension, chest and stomachache
- electric shock feeling - imagining all the worst scenarios
- belief that you are going insane
- belief that you are dying.
As you can see, these are not caused by chemical, biological or genetic problems in the brain. It is a result of your approach and behaviour. NHS suggests medication as a last resort, so hypnotherapy to help deal with anxiety is a good choice start (and end) with.
Hypnotherapy treatment is very effective because it finds out:
- Where and when anxiety occurs?
- What are your reactions?
- Why does it happen?
A session with a hypnotherapist will include a variety of approaches of dealing with your anxiety, during which you will learn how to:
- Be mindful – being aware of what is happening and understanding it can't hurt you.
- How to relax your muscles using trigger thoughts or words.
- Breathing techniques to calm down and restore normal breathing.
- How to reduce anxiety to a neutral feeling.
- Replace with a genuine feeling of confidence.
You will find yourself being more cheerful, more relaxed as well as free from the burden of anxiety attacks. If you ask a hypnotherapist, they will tell you that there is nothing better in life than to feel that you're in control of your life.
About the author
Adam Cumberland is the founder of Cumberland Hypnotherapy, he has worked closely with the well known and respected hypnotist Paul McKenna. With over 12 years of experience with his practice on Harley Street. He is trained to the highest level in Advanced Hypnotherapy, NLP and TFT.
Hypnotherapy Directory is not responsible for the articles published by members. The views expressed are those of the member who wrote the article.
Top recent articles
Biodun Ogunyemi ANLP,BNLP,SNLP,C.H,Dip.HypMarch 20th, 2017
Most viewed articles
Biodun Ogunyemi ANLP,BNLP,SNLP,C.H,Dip.HypOctober 13th, 2014