Foundation in hypnosis course
Location:West Wing, Old Vicarage
Norton St Philip, Bath
- Find an event in your area
Basic Certification hypnosis training
The Basic Certification course is also module one of the Holistic Hypnotherapy Diploma, so students can experience learning the basic hypnotherapy skill before they decide to commit to further advanced training with The Centre For Life if they wish.
The Accredited Certification training covers the foundations for using hypnosis with a wide range of clients. The course includes more than 200 hours of private study and tutor led practical and experiential time. The training is suitable for a variety of students from different walks of life. Some with no prior knowledge of hypnosis or complementary therapies, others may already be experienced professionals or therapists adding hypnosis skills to their therapeutic tool kit.
50+ hours pre-course reading, prepration and theory papers.
40 hours of tutor led time with practical and experiential learning; Interactive discussions and lectures, live demonstrations, experiential pair and triad work, the experience of a whole session with a client.
50+ hours of tutor supervised case studies with volunteer clients; including overall session preparation, delivery and reflection.
60+ hours of post course reading, study, self hypnosis, the recording and submission of a professionally created Hypnosis CD and a post course theory paper.
Pre-course reading and assignments
* ‘Hypnosis for Change’ By Josie Hadley and Carol Staudacher. This is the manatory course reading book
* ‘Clinical Hypnosis Textbook, A Guide For Practical Intervention’ By Ursula James. recommended for the more analytical students in addition to Hypnosis For Change.
You will also be sent a theory questionnaire once you are accepted on the course.
The Foundation Level Certificate in Hypnosis enables students to work professionally with a good range of clients issues; including weight loss and habit cessation, exam success, relaxation and stress release, motivation for procrastination, insomnia, pain relief, sports success and so much more.
The student will need to;
- Complete the 4+ day training workshop.
- Complete all written and reading assignments.
- Produce a self hypnosis CD for skill assessment.
- Work with five clients and produce a supervised written summary of the sessions.
- Complete an in depth post course theory paper.
- Work to a code of ethics and with suitable insurance.
Content of the training workshop
- Understanding the history and the phenomena of hypnosis.
- Ethics, integrity, current legislation, critical evaluation, referring on.
- Record keeping and ongoing learning through the importance of CPD.
- Client contra indicators, barriers to success, medical history, working safely.
- Gathering client information, pre-session and at interview.
- Client interview demonstration and practice.
- Client involvement in own treatment plan, expressing needs and feedback.
- Holistic approach inclusive of diet, thought and emotional patterns, and conscious awareness.
- Collecting, evaluating measurable symptoms and acting upon results.
- Client expectation setting and monitoring.
- Building rapport with conscious and subconscious mirroring and body language.
- Indirect and direct hypnosis principals.
- Rhythm, volume and voice control techniques and practicals.
- Induction demonstrations and practicals of various types.
- Progressive muscle relaxation and visualisation induction practicals.
- Trance deepening and depth assessment methods.
- Confusion deepeners and how to work with analytical clients.
- Signs of Hypnosis and Ideo-motor responses.
- Hypnotherapist confidence and resources available.
- Anchoring resourceful states during trance, practicals.
- Suggestions; direct, indirect, pre-suppositions, post hypnotic, embedded commands and metaphors.
- Understanding the conscious critical faculty and beliefs.
- Future pacing and the power of affirmations.
- Understanding and management of abreaction, catharsis and phobias.
- Understanding of the types of clients and issues that can be treated with this level of training.
- Introduction to other applications of hypnosis; smoking and habit cessation, confidence building, relaxation techniques.
- Bringing clients out of trance, re-orientation and grounding.
- Interviewing, creating and delivering a session/hypnotic script for a fellow student and recording it for re-inforcement.
- Producing self hypnosis CD’s and reinforcement sessions for clients.
- Explanations and examples of case studies and theory papers.
- Business planning, record keeping, insurance, professional fees.
Next non-residential course:
31st of January to 3rd February 2015 Norton St Philip just south of the historic City of Bath.
2nd to 6th of March. This course is planned to be held in Bradford on Avon at the Widbrook Grange Hotel, subject to change.
Courses run every two months and are also planned to be held in Bristol.
Follow on training
The Basic Hypnosis course is also the entry level for the Holistic Hypnotherapy Diploma. Once you have qualified you may decide you wish to take this further and a two day weekend conversion course date tbc enables you to join the Holistic Hypnotherapy Diploma Course at module 2 in 2015.
Once qualified you are eligible to apply to join the for the PLRA Three-Day Advanced Hypnosis workshop.
About the host
Hazel has been teaching and supervising Hypnotherapy, Regression Therapy and Life between Life Certification for the last seven years with one of the world’s pioneering schools of Hypnotherapy and Regression Therapy. Hazel has actively led in teaching other trainers to teach the hypnosis course.
I was a smoker for 7 years from my teens to now at 21 I had tried quitting many times be it with NRT or ecigs none...
I had it all. I was just after getting married, I had a good family, friends, a great social life, a well paid...
I've been scared of flying since I was young and I really wanted to find out if hypnotherapy would work. I was...