Foundation in hypnosis
Date & Time:27th - 30th September 2016, 9am - 6.30pm
Cost:£550 (early bird before August 31st £495)
- Find an event in your area
The certification level training covers all of the foundations for using hypnosis with clients, during a minimum of 200 hours of study time.
Fully accredited with the GHR and leads to advanced training courses and a diploma in holistic hypnotherapy.
- Inclusive of 60 hours pre-course reading, preparation and theory.
- 36 hours of classroom practical and experiential learning.
- 60 hours of supervised case studies, including preparation, delivery and reflection with supervisor.
- 60 hours of post-course reading, study, self hypnosis, recording and submission of a professionally created hypnosis CD/recording of high standard and post course theory paper.
The tutorial time includes practical lectures, live demonstrations, experiential pair and triad work, interactive discussions, supervised case studies, written and reading assignments.
We also have lots of fun and learn a lot from each other!
The training is suitable for a variety of students from different walks of life. Some with no prior knowledge of using hypnosis or other therapies, others may be experienced therapists or professionals wishing to add hypnosis skills to their tool kit.
Pre-course reading and assignments:
- Hypnosis for Change by Josie Hadley and Carol Staudacher. This is the mandatory course reading book.
- Essentials of Hypnosis by Michael Yapko. Recommended for the more analytical students in addition to Hypnosis for Change.
You will also be sent a theory questionnaire once you are accepted on the course. For students joining the course close to the start date, the books may also be read after the course has taken place.
The foundation level certificate in hypnosis enables students to work professionally with a good range of clients issues including weight-loss, habit cessation, exam success, relaxation, stress release, motivation for procrastination, insomnia, pain relief, sports success and so much more.
Each student will need to:
- Complete the four day training workshop.
- Complete all written and reading assignments.
- Produce a self-hypnosis recording for skill assessment.
- Work with five clients and produce a supervised written summary of the sessions.
- Complete an in-depth post-course theory paper.
- Work to a code of ethics and with suitable insurance.
Content of the training workshop:
- Understanding the history and the phenomena of hypnosis.
- Ethics, integrity, current legislation, critical evaluation and referring on.
- Record keeping and ongoing learning through the importance of CPD.
- Client contra indicators, barriers to success, medical history and working safely.
- Gathering client information, pre-session and at interview.
- Client interview demonstration and practice.
- Client involvement in own treatment plan, expressing needs and feedback.
- Holistic approach inclusive of diet, thought and emotional patterns and conscious awareness.
- Collecting and evaluating measurable symptoms and acting upon results.
- Client expectation setting and monitoring.
- Building rapport with conscious and subconscious mirroring and body language.
- Indirect and direct hypnosis principals.
- Rhythm, volume and voice control techniques and practicals.
- Induction demonstrations and practicals of various types.
- Progressive muscle relaxation and visualisation induction practicals.
- Trance deepening and depth assessment methods.
- Confusion deepeners and how to work with analytical clients.
- Signs of Hypnosis and ideo-motor responses.
- Hypnotherapist confidence and resources available.
- Anchoring resourceful states during trance and practicals.
- Suggestions; direct, indirect, pre-suppositions, post hypnotic, embedded commands and metaphors.
- Understanding the conscious critical faculty and beliefs.
- Future pacing and the power of affirmations.
- Understanding and management of abreaction, catharsis and phobias.
- Understanding of the types of clients and issues that can be treated with this level of training.
- Introduction to other applications of hypnosis including smoking and habit cessation, confidence building and relaxation techniques.
- Bringing clients out of trance, re-orientation and grounding.
- Interviewing, creating and delivering a session/hypnotic script for a fellow student and recording it for reinforcement.
- Producing self hypnosis CD’s and reinforcement sessions for clients.
- Explanations and examples of case studies and theory papers.
- Business planning, record keeping, insurance and professional fees.
A single four day workshop from Tuesday 27 September to Friday 30 September 2016. 9.00am to 6.30pm each evening (5.00pm on Friday).
Please arrive during between 9am to 9.15am on the first morning for a prompt 9.30am start.
Tuition, supervision and certification fee
Early bird £495
Full price £550
(Early Bird is available for those paying their deposits up to the 31 August 2016)
2017 prices will increase.
The balance is to be transferred during the week prior to the course.
Contact Hazel Newton
About the host
Hazel has been teaching and supervising hypnotherapy, regression therapy and life between life certification for the last 7 years with one of the world’s pioneering schools of regression therapy.
Now running her own hypnotherapy program, The Centre For Life
I had been smoking for 30 years so well and truly needed to stop. Tried every single aid on the market available to me...
My hypnotherapist has changed my life. After years of struggling with weight management the hypno band and the related...
I saw a hypnotherapist last year. I had an irrational fear of dogs which was worsening and affecting my daily life. I...