EMDR/BLAST technique workshop
Date:1st - 2nd October 2016
Cost:£397 (early bird discount of £100 available for those booking in good time)
Location:The Priory St Centre
- Find an event in your area
We have been lucky enough to secure Nick Davies from the Warwickshire School of Hypnotherapy to visit York and deliver his renowned "BLAST technique practitioner©, EMDR, PTSD and trauma" workshop.
Nick says of his course:
‘Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) was the probably the most effective tool out there for dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and trauma. I have developed my own technique BLAST Technique© which works much faster and more effectively and have used it many times for things like serious accidents, violent assaults, rape and child abuse and it has changed the lives of many people. Without it I wouldn't be as an effective therapist and that is one of the reasons I take the cases other therapists avoid.
This is seriously one tool I believe everybody should have at their disposal!’
The cost of the course is £397 per delegate. An early bird discount of £100 is available if the workshop is paid in full by 31/7/2016 bringing the cost to £297. Tea and coffee will be provided for both days.
A deposit of £50 will secure your place and this will need to be paid at time of booking. The deposit is non-refundable unless we are able to secure another delegate to take your place. Staged payments will also be accepted but the cost of your place must be paid in full by 09/09/2016.
The following topics will be covered during the workshop:
- History of EMDR.
- Who is affected? (Percentages of men and women.)
- How does it work? Shapiro’s and Gupta’s theories.
- The roles of the amygdala, hippocampus and thalamus.
- Stress and the General Adaptation Syndrome (GAS).
- How it affects the organism.
- The NICE definition of post traumatic stress disorder.
- EMDR eight steps.
- EMDR standard protocol.
- DAS 42 scale - testing for levels of stress, anxiety and/or depression.
- DAS 42 scoring template.
- DAS 42 results.
- Auditory and kinaesthetic EMDR.
- How to spot PTSD or trauma with sensory acuity.
- Research and effectiveness of EMDR.
- NLP, EMDR, grinder and dilts.
- Eye accessing cues and BLAST theory.
- Repression or suppression of emotional trauma (signs).
- The "pending tray" theory.
- The use of suggestion and metaphor.
- What is “transactional analysis”?
- How clients can replay the emotional trauma.
- The drama triangle and how it affects relationships.
- Applications of BLAST Technique© for cravings, guilt, anxiety etc.
- BLAST Technique© - how to massively increase the processing speed.
- Blast Technique© protocol - short.
- Personal history.
- Blast Technique© self-care protocols one - four.
- "Release stress now!" hypnotherapy script.
The course will count towards your Continual Professional Development (CPD). You will also receive a 28 page delegate workbook and an "EMDR, EMDR accelerated, PTSD and trauma" certificate once you have completed the course.
Below are some links to testimonials from people who have attended Nick's workshop.
For further information, or to book your place on the course, please contact Karen Hayward on firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone Karen on 07790893007.
About the host
This event is being hosted by Karen Hayward, the trainer is Nick Davies of the Warwickshire School of Hypnotherapy.
I had hypnotherapy to quit smoking - it was the best thing I could have done! I think it helped that I had come to a...
I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for a long time, which I felt I was coping with. However, a...
I've always been anxious and I wanted some more confidence. I decided to go and see a hypnotherapist, and immediately...