EMDR incorporating hypnosis
Date & Time:18th February 2018, 10am - 5pm
Location:The Premier Inn
Central Park Drive
- Find an event in your area
Join this fantastic interactive event and allow me to share with you how I use E.M.D.R. incorporating hypnosis. This is a powerful and versatile therapeutic tool and a must-have for every therapist's toolkit.
Learn how to successfully treat traumas and other issues.
The day covers:
- The development of E.M.D.R.
- E.M.D.R. procedure.
- Preparing our client.
- Working with our clients.
- The questions to ask.
- Accelerated information processing.
- Eight-stage process.
- The negative feeling or emotion called SUD and how to test.
- The replacement feeling or emotion called VOC and how to test.
- Information recording methods SUD…VOC.
- What our client needs to complete between sessions.
- The use and benefits of Hypnosis combined with E.M.D.R.
- And more...
The day involves:
- Learning some of the theory.
- Live demonstrations on cravings and single and multiple trauma with a volunteer.
- One on one practise using E.M.D.R.
- Using E.M.D.R. with hypnosis.
- E.M.D.R. can be used for much more than just PTSD (trauma). I have successfully used E.M.D.R. on phobias, fears, guilt and more. We will not be spending the day talking through a manual, nor face death by PowerPoint.
There will be an element of presentation and most of our day (80%) will be on the practical use of E.M.D.R; we learn more quickly and easily by doing. We will practice on a single trauma or event and then multiple traumas or events. We will also cover and demonstrate the use of E.M.D.R. on cravings for substance abuse, nicotine and food.
Think about how you learned to drive; I bet nobody spent hours with his or her driving instructor reading the Highway Code. We got into the car and he/she explained the pedals, mirrors etc. and we drove off and learned by doing. Our day will consist of me explaining, then a live demonstration, then you pair up to do the same. Your manual will be presented to you on commencement and we will refer to it as and when necessary. Some slides will be used to cover some of the protocol. You will experience and practise this powerful therapy tool several times during the event.
What you will get:
- A comprehensive 22 page course manual.
- A pen.
- Full course and client recording notes.
- Practical experience.
- Exercise examples.
- The confidence to treat a wider range of difficulties.
- Tea/coffee/biscuits on arrival.
Note lunch is not included.
The Award - Diploma in E.M.D.R. incorporating Hypnosis.
Times are 09.30 until 16.30.
Phone me if you have questions. 01926 810436
About the host
My training school was accredited in 2006 by the GHR and reassessed and validated in 2015 to comply with conditions of the CNHC.
GHSc and ACCPH accredited training and validated CPD provider.
UK learning provider number 10048797 UKLP.
I have benefited greatly from my experience of CBT and hypnotherapy. It has helped me deal with long standing...
I had been smoking for 30 years so well and truly needed to stop. Tried every single aid on the market available...
I had it all. I was just after getting married, I had a good family, friends, a great social life, a well paid...