EMDR incorporating hypnosis
Date & Time:5th August 2017, 9.30am - 4.30pm
Cost:£125.00 normally £165.00
Location:The Angel Hotel
143 Regent Street
- Find an event in your area
Join this fantastic interactive event and allow me to share with you how I use EMDRincorporating hypnosis. This is a powerful and versatile therapeutic tool and a must-have for every therapist's tool kit.
Learn how to successfully treat traumas and other issues.
The day covers:
- the development of EMDR
- EMDR. procedure
- preparing our client
- working with our clients
- the questions to ask
- accelerated information processing
- eight-stage process
- the negative feeling or emotion called SUD and how to test
- the replacement feeling or emotion called VOC and how to test
- information recording methods SUD…VOC
- what our client needs to complete between sessions
- the use and benefits of hypnosis combined with EMDR and more.
The day involves:
- learning some of the theory
- live demonstrations on cravings and single and multiple trauma with volunteer
- one on one practise using EMDR
- using EMDR with hypnosis.
EMDR can be used for much more than just PTSD (trauma). I have successfully used EMDR on phobias, fears, guilt and more. We will not be spending the day talking through a manual, nor face death by PowerPoint.
There will be an element of presentation and most of our day (80%) will be on practical use of EMDR; we learn more quickly and easily by doing. We will practice on a single trauma or event and then multiple traumas or events. We will also cover and demonstrate the use of EMDR on cravings for substance abuse, nicotine and food.
Think about how you learned to drive; I bet nobody spent hours with his or her driving instructor reading the Highway Code. We got into the car and he/she explained the pedals, mirrors etc. and we drove off and learned by doing. Our day will consist of me explaining, then a live demonstration, then you pair up to do the same. Your manual will be presented to you on commencement and we will refer to it as and when necessary. Some slides will be used to cover some of the protocol. You will experience and practise this powerful therapy tool several times during the event.
What you will get:
- a comprehensive 20 page course manual
- a pen
- full course and client recording notes
- practical experience
- exercise examples
- the confidence to treat a wider range of difficulties
- regular supplies of tea/coffee/biscuits (lunch is included)
- the award: diploma in EMDRincorporating hypnosis.
About the host
Your host John (that's me) has many years of experience both as a Hypnotherapist and as a Trainer.
My training school was accredited in 2006 by the GHR and reassessed and validated in 2015 to comply with conditions of the CNHC.
UK learning provider number 10048797 UKLP
I promise to look after you and share as much as I can.
Experiencing a healthy apprehension before doing something is a feeling most people deal with from time to time,...
I was really scared to go see a hypnotherapist. I thought I'd be brainwashed and was worried I'd be unconscious...
I had been smoking for 30 years so well and truly needed to stop. Tried every single aid on the market available...