Clear phobia’s and post-traumatic stress disorder with the rewind technique
Date & Time:22nd April 2017, 10am - 5pm
- Find an event in your area
Sometimes even the most experienced of hypnotherapists can wonder why a stressed client does not make progress.
It can be like Groundhog Day as your client returns to tell you they are still feeling anxious and depressed. Could it be that PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) or a phobic condition is to blame?
How does the rewind technique work?
The key to understanding how the rewind is so immediately effective is because it enables a person to dissociate the high emotional response from the traumatic memory or stimulus.
About 70% of people who have experienced a traumatic event will process their thoughts about the incident over the following days and weeks. This process mainly occurs in the hippocampus, which is responsible for short-term memory, and in the neo-cortex. Eventually the event is stored in long-term memory and will not trigger an anxiety response. However, in the remaining 30%, high levels of stress hormone generated by traumatic experience inhibit this natural process and PTSD or a phobia results.
In order to overcome this, the individual needs help to allow their brain to complete the natural process of moving the recollection from ‘live’ to ‘long term’ memory.
On this course you will learn how to:
- Change a sufferer’s life in one hour even if the phobia or PTSD has been present for years.
- Diagnose when your client will benefit from the rewind.
- Structure and manage a session using the rewind technique.
- Banish a whole range of phobic conditions, from anxiety about sexual performance to fear of flying.
- Lift the symptoms of PTSD.
- Effectively treat a variety of psychological problems with the rewind technique (fear of public presentations, anxiety and a host of other difficulties).
- What causes PTSD and phobias.
- The mechanisms in the brain that are responsible for the sufferer’s distressing symptoms.
- The differences between high anxiety, a phobia and PTSD.
- How to deal with multiple phobias or traumas.
- Why the physical and emotional symptoms are so overpowering.
- Why will power alone does not help.
- The pros and cons of other techniques that are used in treating trauma and phobia’s e.g. EMDR (eye movement desensitisation reprogramming) EFT (emotion thought field therapy) TFCBT (trauma focused cognitive behavioural therapy).
You will be able to:
- Increase your clients expectation that the process will be successful and they will be free of the problem.
- Use scaling to demonstrate the changes of thinking and behaviour after the rewind. Understand how you can use words and language techniques to help keep your client calm.
- Progressively relax your client.
- Deal with abreactions.
- Confidently use the rewind technique on your clients.
What you get:
- Live demonstration of the rewind technique.
- Chance to practice your skills in a group and one to one with supervisor support.
- Comprehensive lecture notes.
- Written summaries of the rewind.
- Relaxation script.
- A self-checking system that you can use to ensure you have learnt all that you need before doing the rewind.
- A one month follow up group teleconference session with a tutor to answer any questions.
If you would like to book a place please contact Karen on 01273 738663 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the host
Jill Wootton, the founder of Within Sight Training has 22 years experience of helping people overcome limiting barriers to health & happiness. She uses a fusion of solution focused therapy, hypnotherapy & energy psychology techniques to coach individuals & groups. Jill is totally passionate about helping people to be the best version of themselves.
I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for a long time, which I felt I was coping with. However, a...
I have benefited greatly from my experience of CBT and hypnotherapy. It has helped me deal with long standing...
I had it all. I was just after getting married, I had a good family, friends, a great social life, a well paid...