Certificate in post trauma hypnotherapy – one-day CPD workshop - introducing victim to victory (V2V)
Date & Time:10th March 2018, 10am - 4.30pm
Cost:Discounted rate for members of the GHR, NCH and BIH: £150 (standard price £170)
Sutton in Ashfield
- Find an event in your area
This workshop has been designed to help qualified hypnotherapists deal with clients who have been traumatized in childhood. You will learn how to plan a series of successful sessions for your client. The workshop offers practice sessions; demonstrations; case studies and group discussion and demonstrates awareness of legal and ethical issues around trauma and abuse.
On the workshop you will learn:
1) To provide safe and effective therapy for clients using the V2V protocol as appropriate via:
- History of V2V protocol, provenance and background
- V2V session plan and paperwork.
- Understanding trauma and the traumatised brain
2) To understand the structure and content of the V2V protocol:
- Overall structure and element guide
- Content and purpose of each element and its role in the whole
- Possible other uses e.g. bullying, suicides, abandonment
3) To provide competent and effective hypnotherapy sessions following the protocol pathway:
- Abreaction/recovered memories
- Safe place to park
- Natural pauses in the process
- Client history taking
- Setting the scene, giving appropriate information
- Client led therapy without imposition
- Suitable inductions etc.
4. To understand any legal and ethic considerations arising from working with those who have suffered abuse at the hands of others:
- Understanding of risk of false memory syndrome
- The danger of making assumptions (Sunderland child abuse scandal)
- Being mindful of therapist’s own experiences
About the host
Julie Hurst is a hypnotherapist and a psychotherapist. She specialises in supporting adults who have suffered trauma and/or abuse in childhood and has developed the protocol called Victim to Victory (V2V) which is the subject of this workshop.
Includes all scripts and relevant handouts, car park, buffet lunch and refreshments through the day.
I have smoked for over 20 years. I have been very unhappy with my life, for the last year and I am trying to give...
I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for a long time, which I felt I was coping with. However, a...
I contacted Hazel for help as my husband, Brian, had reached the end of his tether. He was very depressed, he...