An introduction to EEG and hypnotherapy
Date & Time:23rd September 2017, 10am - 4.30pm
Cost:£75 or £65 to AfSFH members
Location:The Clifton Practice
8-10 Whiteladies Road
- Find an event in your area
This CPD builds on the introductory workshop and is suitable for anyone who is new to EEG or who has attended previous training, no complicated neuroscience knowledge necessary!
Electroencephalograms (EEGs) have been used for around 100 years to detect electrical activity in the brain and in the last 10 years, the equipment used to do this has developed to such an extent that we can set up and go within five minutes. Flexible, wireless technology allows us to detect changes in electrical activity whilst walking, sitting, playing games or watching TV and we can now use EEG in natural settings.
This interactive, practical CPD will introduce you to EEG: the history, the science and the technology, and will demonstrate how important EEG can be in understanding the process of hypnotherapy. You will:
- Learn about the different types of brain waves, experience what they feel like and learn about their function.
- Think about how your clients are experiencing anxiety and relate it to their brain wave activity.
- Get involved in a demonstration of emotiv EPOC in use in a full relaxation and trance session, see trance through the eyes of EEG and brain activity mapping.
- Try out the kit yourself, use rapid trance techniques and see what happens in your brain.
- Take pictures of your brain in trance and keep them for use on your websites or in discussion with clients.
This CPD is a component of the certificate in medical hypnotherapy but is open to all CPHT graduates and other interested parties
About the host
This CPD is based on my research with the Clifton Practice demonstrating the effectiveness of solution-focused hypnotherapy in stimulating alpha and theta brain waves.
Alpha brings improvements in stress and anxiety and in low mood.
Theta brings a deeper emotional connection to other people, the ability to focus and learn new skills.
I had it all. I was just after getting married, I had a good family, friends, a great social life, a well paid...
I was really scared to go see a hypnotherapist. I thought I'd be brainwashed and was worried I'd be unconscious...
Since having hypnotherapy my mind has settled, calmer way of thinking. My enthusiasm for life has increased, I'm...