A solution focussed approach
Date & Time:12th February 2017, 10am - 5.30pm
- Find an event in your area
Therapists, hypnotherapists, coaches, teachers and front line health workers - learn to use a solution focused approach with your clients, for fast and lasting shifts in beliefs attitudes and behaviour.
Our courses in psychotherapy are very practical. After this solution focused therapy workshop you will be able to;
- Ask questions that quickly shift a client’s negative orientation.
- See through the confusing detail so you can identify and address patterns that hold the problem thinking or behaviour in place.
- Discuss a preferred future and make clear mutually agreed goals.
- Manage client sessions so that you help the client develop a positive expectation.
- Relax your client’s emotional brain, help them gain access to their cognitive processes.
- Help the client recognise the positive changes in between sessions.
- Reconnect the client with their unique experiences to bring a sense of resourcefulness and hope.
- Use scaling to clarify goals and positive emotional changes.
- Keep the therapy moving in the right direction.
You will learn how to:
- Use questions to initiate expectation of positive change.
- Set goals to create a clear mutually understood path for therapy.
- Look at patterns not detail: how to avoid getting sucked in to a client’s negative mind set.
- Uncover and utilise a clients innate resources and areas of competency.
- Teach missing skills to aid recovery.
Develop skills to:
- Change limiting labels.
- Reframe unhelpful beliefs.
- Help your client gain clear perspective.
- Set tasks for continued change outside the therapy room.
- Keep therapeutic intervention moving towards the goals.
- Separate fact from imagination.
If you would like to reserve your place, please call Karen on 01273 738663 or email email@example.com.
About the host
Jill Wootton, the founder of Within Sight Training has 22 years experience of helping people overcome limiting barriers to health & happiness. She uses a fusion of solution focused therapy, hypnotherapy & energy psychology techniques to coach individuals & groups. Jill is totally passionate about helping people to be the best version of themselves.
Experiencing a healthy apprehension before doing something is a feeling most people deal with from time to time,...
I had hypnotherapy to quit smoking - it was the best thing I could have done! I think it helped that I had come to...
I had it all. I was just after getting married, I had a good family, friends, a great social life, a well paid...