When behaviour becomes linked with other events and cues, these cues become triggers for behaviour and association links them. Certain situations will make you feel hungry and you will feel like having a snack, this is down to force of habit.
Hypnotherapy will help to retrain your subconscious and change your patterns of eating. As well as this a hypnotherapist will also encourage you to take other steps which will further your chances of loosing weight and will enhance the treatment.
1. Keep a food diary and write down everything you eat each day. This will make you consciously aware of what you are eating. Also try and research your meals, look at food labels, articles, books and information about your food content. This will help you eliminate unconscious eating patterns.
2. Eat regularly, starting with a hearty breakfast. Your body naturally will try and conserve energy until you eat again and this will slow down your metabolism. If you eat regularly throughout the day your body will not need to do this.
3. Eat five meals a day. This will increase your metabolism and allow your body to burn more calories.
4. Retrain your palette, your unconscious mind has linked certain flavours and sensory data to initiate behaviour. Try and break this pattern. For instance, once you have eaten something spicy, if you usually feel like eating something sweet afterwards try and interject by brushing your teeth instead. After a few weeks hopefully this will have eliminated that link.
5. Use your emotion to try and rid yourself of any negative emotions your associate with food. Try to attach positive emotions to foods that you know will achieve your goals and long term health.
6. Visualise foods that are nutritious and that you enjoy and that are good for you. Let the old memories of unhealthy foods fade into the background . Also try to imagine the positive changes your body will experience when eating these healthy foods. This will help to achieve your ultimate goal.